Discus Pictures

Gorgeous healthy fish you have there :good: :drool:
Wish I could keep some - and I would if I could - but RO & rainwater is not an option for me where I live and my tapwater here in London is "liquid rock". One day..... :shifty:

Beautiful! My husband has been making noises about a discus tank.... If they're this beautiful I just might agree with him!

Actually, yesterday I found that my LFS has one tank of discus way up in the corner for thrirty dollars, but all seven of them are in pretty bad shape. There were these black ones with white fins that seemed to be a pair. I've never seen that coloration before! By the way, Loko17, you would need a tank at least three times the size of your largest current ones, since you're supposed to have a 30 gallon for a pair.

discuss are like 99 bucks a peice!!! :blink:
In my lfs they always have discus and you can get 2 for 60$ or 1 for $40

You two need to come down to Alabama then and get yourself some... I see juvies for $18 a piece. Then again, I've seen adults for $300 :/ . As much as I'd love to have a group of them, I realize that I'm not experienced enough (and not religious enough on water changes) for them, whether or not I have five aquariums. Maybe one day I'll try them out. :hey:

EDIT: By the way, those are some incredible discus :wub:

The discus in the first pic and the very blue discus have actually paired off now lol and are breeding LOADS!!!

Any luck with babies, or do the eggs get eaten?

:) Anita

The eggs hatch every single time they are laid but once they hatch then when they try to swim to the parents then they get eaten by other fish.

I found this guy in UK on another forum and he sells awesome discus fish for really cheap (£18 each!!!).

anita those discus are absolutely stunning, i'm so jealous, your doing a great job :good:

Most reactions

Back