Discus Id Needed?

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/Co...e/SNV815266.jpg[/img]
SNV815233.jpg

On these i do 2 weekly water changes. around 25-35%

STUNNING
Angel

Thanks! ill get some pics up of the tank i am having alot of breeding at the moment with everything but them! ive got guppys breeding, corys breeding! :eek: but the discus just eat there eggs/fry :L

DA

To get the best out of your discus you really need to be changing about 20% of the water daily, discus thrive in fresh water.

Chris

Beautiful colouration will come from the youngster btw :good:

really!!! i couldnt do it everyday

if you have good enough filteration, and there over 5" then that is not the case. but when you have small discus and not so good filteration daily w/c is ideal.

how do you know it's female? is it a previously bred fish?

how do you know it's female? is it a previously bred fish?

hi yes, they are a breeding pair so that makes it 100%, but sexing discus is rather hard. i found a technique which is hard to explain and has worked for me in the past.

elaborate? is it in their behavior or physical features? or both?

physical, generally in all cichlids fins play a part in sexing. i have found this to be with discus the males fins are more larger and the anal and dorsal fins join closer to the tail. were as females are more spread. like i said its hard to explain you just have to have the eye! :p

i had to buy it it was on its own and felt sorry for it , it was labeled as a blue faced discus????
the shop had it by acciendent..
IMG_1435.jpg

it has settled in the tank within about 30mins , ive never had a discus settle that quickly.... its about 3"

and i think its a cobalt blue..

i had to buy it it was on its own and felt sorry for it , it was labeled as a blue faced discus????
the shop had it by acciendent..
IMG_1435.jpg

it has settled in the tank within about 30mins , ive never had a discus settle that quickly.... its about 3"

and i think its a cobalt blue..

At first thats what I thought too, but after a closer inspection the fins of the fish have some red on them, that isn't a characteristic of a Cobalt Blue.

ive just took some pics pc is that slow at downloading them

Most reactions

Back