Dieing Fish

jmain

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have had my tank set up for almost 2 months now. About 2 weeks ago I added 4 tetra serpa 1 khuli loach and 2 cory cats. In the past week I have found 1 cory cat, the khuli loach and 1 tetra serpa dead (I'm still missing 1 also by the way.)

I just did a water test and my ammonia was 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates was 20.

Right now since the fish are dead here is what my number count is

3 dalmation mollies
3 tetra serpa
3 black skirt tetra
3 red eye tetra
3 cory cats
1 pleco

Just yesterday morning I found about 3 snails and I found 5 more today (but my khuli loach was dead before I found them)

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? I asked the Fish store if they had any problem with the batch and they said they haven't lost any.

I have had my tank set up for almost 2 months now. About 2 weeks ago I added 4 tetra serpa 1 khuli loach and 2 cory cats. In the past week I have found 1 cory cat, the khuli loach and 1 tetra serpa dead (I'm still missing 1 also by the way.)

3 dalmation mollies
3 tetra serpa
3 black skirt tetra
3 red eye tetra
3 cory cats
1 pleco

Just yesterday morning I found about 3 snails and I found 5 more today (but my khuli loach was dead before I found them)

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? I asked the Fish store if they had any problem with the batch and they said they haven't lost any.

How big is your tank and what sort of pleco is it?

3 dalmation mollies
3 tetra serpa
3 black skirt tetra
3 red eye tetra
3 cory cats
1 pleco

How big is your tank and what sort of pleco is it?

my tank is a 75 gallon tank and I'm not sure the name

id say thats alot of fish to have in if the tanks only been up two months :S dont no what other people think

So the tanks a 75 gallon.
Any symtoms to go on.
Were the snails rotting.

Any signs of
laboured breathing, gasping at surface of tank, flicking and rubbing, darting, erratic swimming, excess mucas.
What do the gills look like.
Do the fish look pale or darker in colour.
Any fish being listless and lethagic.
Any fish look bloated or skinny.
Any fish resting on plants, leaning to onside at the bottom, or turning upside down.
What does it look like when the fish go to the toilet.
Is there plenty of aeration in the tank.

So the tanks a 75 gallon.
Any symtoms to go on.
Were the snails rotting.................... Snails have just shown up in the past week also but they dont seem to be causing a problem they are just hanging out on the grass

Any signs of
laboured breathing, gasping at surface of tank, flicking and rubbing, darting, erratic swimming, excess mucas....... none
What do the gills look like......... gills looked normal (the cory cat that died was bruised)
Do the fish look pale or darker in colour...................the khuli loach when I found was white but that could of been from being dead so long?
Any fish being listless and lethagic................. non
Any fish look bloated or skinny...... only bloated looking fish is my female dalmation molly who im guess in prego for the 2nd tim
Any fish resting on plants, leaning to onside at the bottom, or turning upside down............none
What does it look like when the fish go to the toilet.......... normally the color of the fish pellets but did notice a black skirt today who had some white that i had not seen before
Is there plenty of aeration in the tank..... yes I have 2 bubblers in the tank along with empeor 400 filter and under gravel filter

Was the fish that had bruising trapped or picked on.
Bruising beneath the skin can be septicemia.
Long stringy white poo can be constipation, bacterial infection, internal parasites.

Was the fish that had bruising trapped or picked on.
Bruising beneath the skin can be septicemia.
Long stringy white poo can be constipation, bacterial infection, internal parasites.

Whats septicemia? The bruising was beneath the skin

I have only seen white stringy poo once or twice so hopefully its constipation and not the other two.

Sounds liek septicemia then.
Have you lost anymore fish since.

I would add a bacterial med to the tank.

Most reactions

Back