Did I just do something dumb

You can use any sponge, it just needs to be cut down to the same shape as the carbon cartridge to make it fit in the filter. If you even need to medicate a tank again, with sponge you can leave it there.

If you use a sponge that was not made for filter use, be aware that songes come in 2 types - those that let water flow through and those that hold water. You want the first type. I would use a sponge intended for filter use, any make as long as it can be made to fit (that is, not too short or narrow). It's better to buy one a bit too big and cut it down.

If you use a sponge that was not made for filter use, be aware that songes come in 2 types - those that let water flow through and those that hold water. You want the first type. I would use a sponge intended for filter use, any make as long as it can be made to fit (that is, not too short or narrow). It's better to buy one a bit too big and cut it down.
Okay thank you. I’ve been using the cream colored Fluval sponges in my tanks recently as I learn a little more, and they seem to be working well

Most reactions

Back