Diagnosis Help For A Platy

Last but one photo is probably the best, nature decide will be just that, what ever any of the other fish in tank don't manage to eat will survive.

Yes getting another female or 2 is a little contradictive to what i said about over populating, however if the ratio isn't better there is a chance the male may hassle her to the point of stress leading to a possible illness or even death, you could replace the male for another female but again that doesn't always solve the problem, females can store 'sperm for up to 6 months i think it is so she could have a few more pregnancies until that point

Last but one photo is probably the best, nature decide will be just that, what ever any of the other fish in tank don't manage to eat will survive.

Yes getting another female or 2 is a little contradictive to what i said about over populating, however if the ratio isn't better there is a chance the male may hassle her to the point of stress leading to a possible illness or even death, you could replace the male for another female but again that doesn't always solve the problem, females can store 'sperm for up to 6 months i think it is so she could have a few more pregnancies until that point

Dont want to replace either they are my first fish a little bit sad of me i know
ok ill run with this get maybe just one female if i can get away with it and figure out how to look after the possible female

and if it turns out that this Platy is not a female i am going to feel like a tool and blame you

Cheers

Dont want to replace either they are my first fish a little bit sad of me i know
ok ill run with this get maybe just one female if i can get away with it and figure out how to look after the possible female

and if it turns out that this Platy is not a female i am going to feel like a tool and blame you

Cheers

100% female, not sad at all, im attached to alot of my fish to the point i start to talk to them :blush: .. anyways lol

couple of links to help you along abit with the female...

Here!!

and

HERE!!

second one is a guppy guide but its pretty much the same process anyways :)

good luck and let us know how it pans out.

Cheers

100% female, not sad at all, im attached to alot of my fish to the point i start to talk to them :blush: .. anyways lol

couple of links to help you along abit with the female...

Here!!

and

HERE!!

second one is a guppy guide but its pretty much the same process anyways :)

good luck and let us know how it pans out.

Legand Cheers

All righty then; here goes~

The reason we could tell that SHE is a female is because of her anal fin.... If you look near the anal area of platies, if they have sort of a triangular fin there it is a female; in males it is short and straight. :) Almost like a.... uhh. :p

If you want the fry to survive, you should put some java moss into the tank where the platies live, as they can hide here, and then feed them First Bites fry food or Liquifry! :D ^^;

Hope I helped; go to the Common Livebearers section and look at the pinned topics for more information. ;)

Hi Amberleaf!
Im new to platy... I wonder if u could help for this problem.. my platies are turning colour from orange red to dark red. why do this happen? what are the cause o it? Please help... :(

All righty then; here goes~

The reason we could tell that SHE is a female is because of her anal fin.... If you look near the anal area of platies, if they have sort of a triangular fin there it is a female; in males it is short and straight. :) Almost like a.... uhh. :p

If you want the fry to survive, you should put some java moss into the tank where the platies live, as they can hide here, and then feed them First Bites fry food or Liquifry! :D ^^;

Hope I helped; go to the Common Livebearers section and look at the pinned topics for more information. ;)

Hi Amberleaf!
Im new to platy... I wonder if u could help for this problem.. my platies are turning colour from orange red to dark red. why do this happen? what are the cause o it? Please help... :(
Hi There Palty newbe maybe you should try giving yourself a new post might attract more attention for yourself if you need help doing this please ask

am only suggesting this as someone might not read to the end of this one to see your question

Legand Cheers

Happy to help m8 :good:
its a FISH
001.jpg

conrats m8, which fish gave birth?, was it one of the new platies?

I have no idea to be honest i only found it by accident when i was trying to free one of the other fish that decided to swin in a hole on the drift wood and could not get out, since blocked up the hole with moss i am telling you this is all drama and its meant to be a relaxing hobbie posted a couple of pictures in the live bearers section see if anyone might be able to tell who the culprit is i can post the pics hear if would like you might be able to shed some light in the other section its under Platy Baby

Most reactions

Back