DG and Apisto?

Jay667

Reaction score
I have a planted 20L with 4 otos, 6 zebra danios, and a powder blue male dg. DG hasn’t shown any aggression towards dither fish. I want to add a male apisto but don’t know how it will work out . Any advice / experience with this combo ?

Hi welcome to the forum :)

When you say 20L do you mean 20 long or 20 Litres?

Assuming 20 long, I wouldnt recommend combining the gourami and apistos as its not the biggest tank and they are both territorial. There is a slim chance it could work and they ignore each other but its a big risk.

Wills

Hi welcome to the forum :)

When you say 20L do you mean 20 long or 20 Litres?

Assuming 20 long, I wouldnt recommend combining the gourami and apistos as its not the biggest tank and they are both territorial. There is a slim chance it could work and they ignore each other but its a big risk.

Wills
I meant 20 long.

Are they territorial even when not in pairs ? My dg doesn’t seem to be territorial.
If apisto won’t work, do you think a Bolivian ram would?

I appreciate the input .

Cool :) was worried about that many fish in 20 litres lol.

The DG likely wont be territorial at the moment as its the only fish in the tank like that and even if it were to go for the Danios they are too fast for them to catch. Both the Gourami or Apisto would be aggressive with each other, in a bigger tank the potential to mix would be there but think this is too tight a space for them.

Wills

Cool :) was worried about that many fish in 20 litres lol.

The DG likely wont be territorial at the moment as its the only fish in the tank like that and even if it were to go for the Danios they are too fast for them to catch. Both the Gourami or Apisto would be aggressive with each other, in a bigger tank the potential to mix would be there but think this is too tight a space for them.

Wills
Ok, thanks for the help.
Do you know of any other compatible “centerpiece” type fish ?

Most reactions

Back