Demensions of a 29 us gal tank?

BettaBabe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I went to the LFS - SuperPetz - and was asking about setting up a freshwater tropical fish tank and was told that I may have a 55 gal tank by the description I gave him...

So, I just wanted to know about what the measurements would be and compare that to what I have.

The tank I have if you stood it on its end long wise, is three feet tall, a little over a foot or so wide and nearly 2 ft deep.

What do you think?

BB

My 29 gallon is 30x12x18 inches I believe. Your dimensions come out to around 45 gallons.

Ed

I don't think that it is 231 gallons.

I am going to buy a measuring tape and get the real measurements this afternoon.

BB

BettaBabe said:
No, he means multiply the Length X Width X Height and then divide that number by 231 and that will be your tank in gallons. Your tank by your dimensions is a 45 gallon tank.

Ed

FishNoob said:
BettaBabe said:
No, he means multiply the Length X Width X Height and then divide that number by 231 and that will be your tank in gallons. Your tank by your dimensions is a 45 gallon tank.

Ed
LOL!! Thanks for clarifying this!

Thanks everybody!

My measurements (tank) are L-36" W-13" H-16"

And that makes it a 30 us gallon tank!

Yay!

BB

im about to buy a 30 gallon!

what kind of equipment do u have?

sscamatt said:
im about to buy a 30 gallon!

what kind of equipment do u have?
LOL! A 30gal tank! LOL! That's it. I am buying slowly...

and I am buying second hand for as much as I can get.

Eeep! I measured L36 1/4" W 12 5/8" H 16 3/4" Which would place it at 33gals ---->HOWEVER that is around the top of the tank's wood frame.

The actual glass measures: L36" W12" and the H is impossible be/c of the trim....from the standard sizes chart on "All-Glass" website the height should be 16" making it a 30gal.

But I am still unsure...which measurements are right?

Sounds like a 30 to me. For info, on medium-sized tanks such as yours, the top of the bottom glass is usually about 5/8-3/4" above the bottom of the trim (if that makes sense).

Keep in mind, though, that with substrate, decorations, plants, and the fact that you won't fill it completely, you'll probably only have, at a guess, ... 18-24 gallons of water in it.

Most reactions

Back