I must have been doing something wrong, here are yesterday's:
ammonia:.5
nitrite:0
nitrate:20

Today's:
ammonia:.1, barely noticeable
nitrite:still 0
nitrate:25

hopefully will be able to start getting CUC soon :hyper: , starting to get diatoms.

And also, would it be OK to get the chromis when I get the CUC, or should I wait?

APIs are crap. people get them because they are cheap. they give you a diffferent reading every time you test. i would wait for fish a bit longer. i waited a month for fish but my tank was only 125L. my first fish was 2 clown fish. remember to get the least aggressive fish first and the most aggressive last

API's are crap? I've been using them for a long time on my tropical tanks and they are always consistent, and they sure weren't cheap :crazy: I think I've got some Tetra tests laying around, would they be better?

results today are the same as yesterday, and I used both the API's and the Tetra tests

My science teacher has been keeping fish since he was my age, and he recommended that I put a few mollies in to help cycle, so I'll plop 2 or 3 in. They will be removed as soon as the cycle is done.

i would do a fish less cycle :good: stuff would have died on your live rock. most reefers use salifert test kits :good:

Your science teacher might well have plpped mollies in to cycle a tank but we dont do that anymore - it is considered :sick: please dont do it

Seffie x

Sorry if you took 'plop' the wrong way, I have tons and tons of fry, and they would be feeders if they weren't put into here. I personally don't like the thought of it either :unsure:

Good news: both mollies are doing great and are eating.

Better news:
ammonia:0
nitrite:0
nitrate:25

Once I do a 50% waterchange, will get cuc :hyper:

Both mollies are still in the tank, eating, and over all are doing great.

Got about 10 hermit crabs, and will be getting some snails pretty soon.

Also got another 40 pounds of rock, its curing in a tub atm.

Took both mollies out of the tank, and put 2 maroon clowns in :hyper:

I found a plating monti on one peice of rock with a few polyps still alive, and I've noticed that there have been a few more every few days :) And since we had a coupon for Drs. Foster and Smith, we got a metal halide fixture, should be here tomorrow :D

The two clowns are looking great, one gave me a scare on the first day when he was sideways at the surface for a little while, but hasn't done it once since. They are both eating brine shrimp and pellets.

Will get pics sometime soon hopefully

Wow I haven't been on this forum in FOREVER!!! And wow did my tank look cruddy the last time you guys saw it... Here it is as it stands today: (as you can see, I'm terrible at taking pics...)
fishpictures033.jpg

The stock list is as follows:
2 maroon clowns
1 chalk bass
1 kole tang
1 blue mandarin
3 blue green chromis

some shrooms
lots of trumpets
monti digitata
monti capricornis
3 1/2 head torch
1 head hammer
some acan frags
some paly/zoa frags
colt
star polyps
anthelia

I'm saving up to upgrade my lights...and then there will be acros galore :hyper:
For the most part, I'm done with fish, and I'm going to wait until my light upgrade until I get any more corals, unless of course there's that nice frag that just so happens to catch my eye

Most reactions

Back