Demasonisrule's 90G

Ok...so we still haven't gotten to the RO unit, after a week of no school, and 2 weekends, but all the glass and old silicone is off the bottom of the tank, and we're going to get the acrylic friday.

And about light, I've heard the rule is that anything deeper than 2 feet should have mh's, and my tank is exactly 2 feet, I'm going for lps and softies, so would T5's be ok?

Ok...just a quick update, got the sand today, got a variety of textures :hyper:

and we just need to find a tank for the sump, either 20 or 30 gallons, we need the return pump, and I think that we will be ready to start setting up.

And the guy we bought the tank from gave us some coral skeletons, would they become live, thus saving us money on live rock?

i think t5 should be ok as you r only having lps and sofites

Ok...we got the glass yesterday, and we're putting it on today :hyper:

After its on, we'll be setting up all the plumbing for the sump. We're probably going to be getting a 20 gallon for the sump. What would you recommend for the return pump?

we put the new bottom on, and it went as smooth as can be :hyper:

the plumbing should be done by tommorow, going to get a 20 gallon long for the sump. what would be a good return pump?

i dont know much about return pumps but my tank 120L sump 20L im using a maxi jet 1000 with a pipe tap. remember the pump is pumping up so the pump would be less than what it says on the box. i dont know but maybe a 4000LPH. It would depend on how much water is coming out of the tank. how many holes r u having? and also how big will they be?

No, we don't have a sump or a pump, but the tube that goes to the sump has a valve on it, so we're just going to wait to get a good deal.

I ran out of salt when the tank was about 3/4 full, going to lfs to get some later, and since I've been heating the water as I've been adding it, and I just got my allowance, so maybe something extra :hey:

Pics will come when the tank is full.

dont add all the water in the tank only fill it 90% because when you put your sand and rock in the water level moves up.

I filled it pretty much to the top, but remember I'm still adding in a sump :good:

pics probably tomorrow, still cloudy from the sand.

and it may be a while until I get all of the live rock, as I'm in dire need of mbuna for my other tank. If you don't know, you need lots of them, and I just lost a bunch to ich :crazy:

Got about 45 lbs. of live rock yesterday :hyper:

I've seen loads of stuff on them, pods, all different worms, etc. There's also these little white things that look like tiny sps, and when I touch them, they don't move, and they're hard. I must say that I don't really like some of the coral skeletons, as they're heavy so I don't want to put them on the rock, but putting them next to the rock just looks stupid. Maybe when I go back to my lfs I'll get some peices of rock to replace them.

This morning the water tested at:
ammonia 1.5
nitrite .1
nitrate 13

and the most important part

one of the sps things:
fishpictures010-1.jpg

fts: (I've since moved that powerhead)
fishpictures009.jpg

Most reactions

Back