Dechlorinator

Tw3lv3

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals just a quick question....

I heard you can put pond dechlorinator in your fish tank to save money on buying so many of the tiny bottles you get in your LFS, Is this true and if so do's anyone have any siggestions on which make to get and if i would need to lower the dosage if its stronger than the LFS stuff?

Any help would be great as i seem to be going through loads of the stuff now ive got a bigger tank.

Tw3lv3.

You can use pond dechlorinator at a reduced dose.I don't use pond stuff, but have you looked into seachem prime? this lasts a very long time and is a very good product. I have been using Prime for a long time and will vouch for its effectiveness.

Hey guys n gals just a quick question....

I heard you can put pond dechlorinator in your fish tank to save money on buying so many of the tiny bottles you get in your LFS, Is this true and if so do's anyone have any siggestions on which make to get and if i would need to lower the dosage if its stronger than the LFS stuff?

Any help would be great as i seem to be going through loads of the stuff now ive got a bigger tank.

Tw3lv3.

yes, pond dechlorinator is fine. just use as instructed on the box/bottle. dont reduce the dosage, but adjust for the, much, smaller volumes.
seachem prime is also a good idea. not much to choose between the two. i still think Pond gear, works out cheaper though.
in essence, you wont go wrong with either.

I've been using pond dechlorinator bought off Ebay for 4 months with no ill effects.Much cheaper than small bottle and lasts for months.TO make sure I don't overdose in small tanks, I dilute the pond dechlorinator 1:10 with water (to 10% concentration) and keep the dilute solution in a water bottle. This makes dosing easier than trying to measure out very small amounts out of the original 500ml bottle

Most reactions

Back