de-chlorinator

RED1958

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just finished the last of my Aqueon de-chlorinator, before I buy more I wanted to see if you guys think it is a good brand, or should I get another? While on this subject I have always wondered, but felt to stupid to ask :) When adding the de - chlorinator to the water, do I add it to the bucket each time I fill it with new water? or add it to the aquarium just once for the amount of water I am adding? And, do I need to de chlorinate if I am only adding a little water to top off the water level? Like a couple of gallons to top off a 30 gal tank?

Hello. I've used Seachem's "Safe" for quite a few years. It's a good product. I just dose according to the instructions and dissolve it in a small pitcher of tap water and pour it directly into the fish tank. Then, I use a hose attached to the faucet and fill the tank.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. I've used Seachem's "Safe" for quite a few years. It's a good product. I just dose according to the instructions and dissolve it in a small pitcher of tap water and pour it directly into the fish tank. Then, I use a hose attached to the faucet and fill the tank.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Thank you 10 tanks, I never thought about a hose for the faucet, I am about to set up another 30 gal so I might invest in that type of set up. Right now I have to run a garden hose through my window, ha. For a new tank, not the one with fish :)

API Tap Water Conditioner (NOT Stress Coat or Aqua Essential)

For buckets, add the dechlorinator at the dose rate for the volume of water in the bucket to each bucket of water.
With a hose, it depends. Some makes say to add enough to treat the amount of new water to the tank before starting to refill; others say to dose for the entire tank volume before adding new water.

I concur on the API Tap Water Conditioner. This is the most effective and safest, going from the chemicals in it and what it does.

Thank you 10 tanks, I never thought about a hose for the faucet, I am about to set up another 30 gal so I might invest in that type of set up. Right now I have to run a garden hose through my window, ha. For a new tank, not the one with fish :)
Hello again. The local hardware store should have a piece that will fit on your faucet. I have one that I attached to a small garden hose and it snaps onto the faucet. Makes filling the tank so easy. I have 11 tanks that range in size from 45 to 300 gallons. I can typically empty a tank by half and fill it in about 30 to 45 minutes.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

API Tap Water Conditioner (NOT Stress Coat or Aqua Essential)

For buckets, add the dechlorinator at the dose rate for the volume of water in the bucket to each bucket of water.
With a hose, it depends. Some makes say to add enough to treat the amount of new water to the tank before starting to refill; others say to dose for the entire tank volume before adding new water.
Hello again. The local hardware store should have a piece that will fit on your faucet. I have one that I attached to a small garden hose and it snaps onto the faucet. Makes filling the tank so easy. I have 11 tanks that range in size from 45 to 300 gallons. I can typically empty a tank by half and fill it in about 30 to 45 minutes.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

Back