Day Off

HappyGeorge

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So I have a day off, probably the one day off I will get this year with no daughter of wife in the house. So time to get some fishy jobs done.

Done some more fragging so those of you that wanted Xenia I have almost filled the rocks up but just run out of superglue gel so need some more to complete the task.

After Sorgans (I think) post about cleaning skimmers decided to do that, so my MCE 600 is in bits on the utility room draining board. Just need to wait for wife to get home as I can't get my hand into the skimmer body to clean it, "got a quick job for you love" :*, although I'm now thinking that my 4yr old could probably get her hands in even tighter spots :shifty: .

Then it's a quick sump clean on the reef to rid myself of some of the loose gunk that seems to be permanently in the system, and then might try setting up the turf algae filter again.

Water is salted and being heated ready for a WC later on, Rowaphos replaced.

Next glass cleaning and then some photography maybe.

Now what else should I do, Xbox is calling.

Hmmm fish that need photographing/stuff needs shooting in the head.

You two aren't helping voting is split. Turning this off now though, tea break over.

Not sure if Sorgan made a topic about skimmers but i did one :lol: was amazed at how quiet it was after cleaning it and i have the same skimmer as you George :D

Oh yes think it was you then Sorgan commented on cleaning his often.

Unfortunately mine has become noisier, there was some muck in there which was affecting the air intake so now I can hear it sucking air too. Think my 2nd hand MCE600 may have been one of the older, noisier ones and I might have to upgrade my pump.

Wide open causes lots of noise for me. I have it turned to about 10 to 2 position if that makes sense?

Most reactions

Back