Cyno Afra White Top

danon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Evening all,

I have 4 Cyno afra's, were supposed to be 1m and 3f but as their colours are coming out, i think i have 2males.

Also 4 Labs and 4 Iodotropheus Spregerae (i think)

1 of the afra's is digging a hell of a lot, he has removed all the substrate from aroung the largest rock, down to the glass bottom, their is a mound 4inches high at the front of the top. The other night i placed it all back, next morning it was as if i hadnt toched it, mound was back! :shifty: Shall i leave him to it or keep filling in his handy work?

Have also noticed he spends a lot of time in there with 1 of the females(stripes are not as clear as his), is he mating? :rolleyes:
When he swims past her he tends to sort of shake his body, as if he is showing off :rolleyes:

PS all fish seem to be getting on really well and so inquisitive when i enter the room. Don't hide as much, since i got the Spregerae. :good:

It's up to you if you want to keep filling in his excavation. One of the joys/annoyance of keeping mbuna is that they decorate to their liking rather than yours. :lol: I used to fill in any holes during water changes, mostly to watch them move everything back they way they liked it, kept them busy.

Sounds like he may be trying to entice the female to spawn, your description is typical breeding behavior, though don't be disappointed if they don't get it right the first time.

Sounds like a lovely set up, any change of pics?

Most reactions

Back