Cycling Day 1

delectableteatray

Reaction score
nitrate about 80ppm, nitrite about 3ppm

these seem abit high is it normal?

EDIT: doing cycle fishlessly with ammonia

(in a message)
hi

i was told to get liquid tests as the strips sometimes look as though they have changed colour when they had'nt!!!!! - especially my nitrItes reading

not sure if this is the case here with ur nitrItes??????

as for nitrAtes have you tested your tap water untreated - sumtimes there are nitrAtes in tap water

davep i think it was in beginner questions had problem with his tap water and got something to lower it - i'm lucky my tap water is brill so am lucky just having to do the thing of WAITING (i hate waiting - hehehe)

otherwise still cycling here - so cant really say more!!

rob

Thanks for reply, i am using liquid test kits, and have just tested me untreated tap water and got a much lower reading of nitrates, about 2 ppm

anybody know what's going on??

Thanks

Does sound a bit fishy (excuse the pun) that you have a nitrite and nitrate reading so fast, especially that high! Have you added any maturation fluid or perhaps a live colony of bacteria?

Does sound a bit fishy (excuse the pun) that you have a nitrite and nitrate reading so fast, especially that high! Have you added any maturation fluid or perhaps a live colony of bacteria?

I took a sample to the lfs last weekend before i knew about cycling, the tank had been set up for two weeks with nothing in it. They found the very high readings so i didn't take the fish.

I don't need to replace all my water do it :S

just retested nitrite and ammonia before i go to bed

nitrite: 6.0ppm

ammonia: 2.5-3ppm

at least ammonia's showing signs of improvement

should i do some water changes to see if it will affect my high nitrites?

Cycle Day 3

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite: 5ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

Will top up ammonia back to 5ppm

still worried about my nitrates/ites, anybody know what could be happening?

Cycle Day 4

Ammonia: 0.3ppm

Nitrite: 0.5ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

Now do i wait for my nitrites to drop to 0, then i can add fish?

thanks

you seeem to be having odd results you nitrite shouldnt show till a good few days into cycling then that will peak the eventually it will fall to 0 you want everything bar nitrate to be 0

you seeem to be having odd results you nitrite shouldnt show till a good few days into cycling then that will peak the eventually it will fall to 0 you want everything bar nitrate to be 0

That's why I'm asking here because my results are weird

Thanks anyhu

very odd what have you put into your tank anything from other tanks? or maybe some chemicals?

Most reactions

Back