Cycles

HayzH

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Day 44......Day 37.......Day 27 who had the 100 day cycle on here???

How long was your cycle in your tanks?????

Mine if flucuating again..the Nitrites went down.....nearly there even had 1 double 0!!! BUT now they are all going up again!!

I really dont understand what im doing wrong? If Anything!

I'm currently on day 34, which is significant for me because I got my first 0 on nitrite on day 17 and 2 x 17=34. My first and only 0 was half my cycle ago.
sneaky2.gif

My cycle took around 8 weeks to complete. I'm doing a major water change tomorrow then fish on Sunday.

Day 22 and still no sign of nitrites.

My tank is a bacteria free zone.

Day 22 and still no sign of nitrites.

My tank is a bacteria free zone.

I agree with Hayz, can you give us a few more details on your cycle? What's your pH? I know some cycles take longer than others but that's exceptional and there's probably something wrong.

Nope ammonia stuck on 4 ppm. Ph 8. Just no movement.

Mature media...get a hold of some. A local fish store should be able to give you a bit.

Mature media...get a hold of some. A local fish store should be able to give you a bit.
+1 In this hobby you really only ever need to cycle a single time if you can't get mature media. Unless you are starting a massive tank and only have a small mature one. I clone almost all my new tanks and add fish the same day. I keep planted tanks so sometimes tanks don't even need a bacterial cycle or filter in the first place, just fish.

I binned a load of chopped up mature sponges last night that i chucked in into my externals a few months ago :(

A friends father just give me some media today. Some gravel, water and it looks like the white cotten sponge from his filter.

Hopefully some bacteria in all this to kickstart things. ;)

Most reactions

Back