Cut On Betta

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
I noticed on one of my bettas that it had what appeared to be a very small cut on his head, the head is kinda black but there is a pink spot on the head and you can see where the skin got peeled back, I'm not sure how he got cut but should I put some salt in the tank or just let it heal on its own?

Any circling of white around the pink spot on the head.

Well it's bacterial could be columnaris but that usually a greyish spot with red circling or an ulcer. You will need maracyn two, find some info for you as columnaris can come in pink spots and patches.

http://www.2cah.com/pandora/Disease.html#External

It's under bacterial external infections and you will need maracyn one and two, but it might be cheaper just to buy tetracycline.

I have maracyn one. But how would I cut it up so it won't overdose the 2.5g? Are you sure it couldn't be just a cut because I can see the part of the skin that got tore off because its still on the body?

Go in with the maracyn one, as if the skin is peeling not good infection, how many gallons is one tablet for.

Cut the tablet in half, then half the tablet again.

Just an airstone, don't wan't a high temp with bacterial infections, good luck durb.

Alright I'm going to start with maracyn tonight but would like to know if I should seperate the fish I'm treating from the divided tank and put it in my long 20g since it would be easier to treat 20g as I would be able to put the right dosage in the tank or should I try to treat it in the 2.5g in case the other one could get it?

Alright I'm going to start with maracyn tonight but would like to know if I should seperate the fish I'm treating from the divided tank and put it in my long 20g since it would be easier to treat 20g as I would be able to put the right dosage in the tank or should I try to treat it in the 2.5g in case the other one could get it?
Anyone?

Go with the 20gal good luck.

Most reactions

Back