Custom Tiered Tanks Build Questions

Acipenser

Reaction score
Ok so I have this alcove where I currently keep my computer, it has plumbing conduits behind it and would be super easy to tap into and build a custom tiered tank with plenty of space on the bottom for an external filter system and cabinets on top I figured I could put 2 tanks in that are aprox 3' wide by 2' high and 16" deep. I am not sure of how many gallons that would be. I would like to design my own external filter system and have both tanks drilled and use common water with external heat ect.

if any one has any links to or pictures of similar setups please help me out. I am open to all sugestions for the build up, the only things is I plan on building as much of the system as possible my self, I have a crawl space and would even consider plumbing hard lines down there to the filter ( this way I could have a huge filter and extra water capacity, efectivley making my system that much more capable of handling a large than normal fish load) .

and if any one knows the formula for converting tank dimensions to gallons let me know what the tank capacity might be , thanks Kevin.

There is an Aquarium calculator here on the forum that will convert dimensions to volumes... there is a link at the top of the page!

Sounds like a good plan, i wish you luck with it. :good:

Most reactions

Back