Curious as to what other hobbies you guys have ?

Besides fish, my main hobby is reptiles and amphibians- keeping them in captivity, as well as finding them in the wild. Other interests include isopods, hunting and fishing, and art, especially photography.
YES! A fellow reptile/amphibian person! Until the end of December 2019, I was the Rescue Liaison for our local herp society. I'm still on the rescue team, and several of the animals I have are rescues!

Main hobbies for me are horses, cross stitching and knitting.
Horses I've been mad about since I was a kid and I was a riding instructor until a couple of years ago but quit to care for my mum. Now I share a horse with someone so I'm still riding and being around them, mostly just being around them since the horse is lame at the moment.
Knitting I started because I was looking for hobbies for my mum to do so found a knit and natter group at a local craft shop and we've been going until lock down put a stop to it. Not doing much knitting at the moment because I picked a difficult project and I've got bored of it essentially.
Got into cross stitching because they had kits at the shop and I love it. Just about to finish a big piece for my sister and then got many more I want to do.
My LYS is doing Zoom gatherings for knitting; you might ask your LYS whether they've considered doing them!

My LYS is doing Zoom gatherings for knitting; you might ask your LYS whether they've considered doing them!
At the moment everyone like me who isn't admin, warehouse or online shop staff are all furloughed so no one to do things like that at the moment. It's quite nice getting paid 80% of my wage to sit on the sofa and do my hobbies, I must say, though I would like to be back at work.

I have a fish pond outside and a lot of plants around it. Since I can't go purchase new, I have been real good at weeding and pruning. I crochet a lot, paint, and been sewing masks.

I used to spend hours doing my family tree and went back to my 10th G/Grandfather 1500s and found further info since London based people and went back to my 7th G/Grandfather 1700s on my moms side Cheshire people and also a book was done on them which i purchased.
I used to print out Genealogy reports to people on different generations from my tree on families they're married into.

I used to spend hours doing my family tree and went back to my 10th G/Grandfather 1500s and found further info since London based people and went back to my 7th G/Grandfather 1700s on my moms side Cheshire people and also a book was done on them which i purchased.
I used to print out Genealogy reports to people on different generations from my tree on families they're married into.
My dad did an in depth family tree for a high school project. He traced it all the way back to someone who was mentioned in a few old writings, including the old testament

My dad did an in depth family tree for a high school project. He traced it all the way back to someone who was mentioned in a few old writings, including the old testament
Now that's nice to know from your family, i found out my dads direct line is with lord Haversham and we've had Baron's in my dads line and acted in the houses of parliament and my moms side they had a family disease which i've been tested for and came back zero..thank god.

Now that's nice to know from your family, i found out my dads direct line is with lord Haversham and we've had Baron's in my dads line and acted in the houses of parliament and my moms side they had a family disease which i've been tested for and came back zero..thank god.
Also, my great grandpa was a direct descendant of the last king of france. When the family was being beheaded a few escaped to England. Then when he grew up he joined the military. The navy ship was docked in NZ and he jumped ship and got married and that's what happened. Lol. My dads cousin runs the Louvre museum because hes a descendant as well

Also, my great grandpa was a direct descendant of the last king of france. When the family was being beheaded a few escaped to England. Then when he grew up he joined the military. The navy ship was docked in NZ and he jumped ship and got married and that's what happened. Lol. My dads cousin runs the Louvre museum because hes a descendant as well
Well i've never heard off anyone as good as what you've just stated, so you've really got a great interesting past.

I had to laugh as i had someone get intouch with me direct from london asking me if i had a grandfather in the 1800's with money and lands which i did besides Wills in that era, as there was left in the 1800s from a nephew on the Faversham (Duncombe) line 250,000 and it's still in account now waiting to be claimed.

I like to exercise often. (Running, push-ups, sit-ups, curls, crunches, etc.)

I guess it counts as a hobby? It keeps me in shape and it keeps me occupied during these hard times. :)

Besides my aquarium activities I also do the following.
Play both acoustic and electric guitars and sing, play chess, wildlife photography including insect pics. I also do astrophotography taking pictures of galaxies, nebulae and star clusters etc.
I also like making timelapse videos.

Most reactions

Back