Curious as to what other hobbies you guys have ?

Besides my aquarium activities I also do the following.
Play both acoustic and electric guitars and sing, play chess, wildlife photography including insect pics. I also do astrophotography taking pictures of galaxies, nebulae and star clusters etc.
I also like making timelapse videos.
Look, up in the sky, crawling in the grass, sitting like Rodin's "Thinker" staring at the table with little figurines!
Is it a bird, is it s plane? No, it's Howard, Renaissance Man! Whoops, there he is breaking a string....

Back stitch is done so this project is all done now.
IMG_20200411_203350.jpg

This is the last one I did, the kit was a Christmas present from my son and daughter-in-law. And yes, it's been altered. The kit came with 14 count fabric but I used 18; the robin had red legs but all the robins I've seen have brown legs; the background should have been unstitched but i filled it in with half cross using 2 stands white and one strand glitter thread which creates a rippling glitter effect as you walk round the room. You can just make it out in the photo.

That Robin!!! And I can see the glitter!
The other one is just amazing! Have you ever thought of going "freestyle?" Is that even a thing?

View attachment 101063

And this is the kind I usually do. Sorry about the reflections and shadows as it's hanging on the wall at right angles to the window.

View attachment 101064

That Robin!!! And I can see the glitter!
The other one is just amazing! Have you ever thought of going "freestyle?" Is that even a thing?

I am useless at art so if I tried making up my own designs they'd look terrible. I can follow a pattern though :)

@Sylvan I always think adding the backstitch makes the design come alive.

I also have RES turtles, build models, up grade and repair computers, read books. gardening, war gamer, amateur historian and hiker. I am also reformed workaholic. ;)

Main hobbies for me are horses, cross stitching and knitting.
Horses I've been mad about since I was a kid and I was a riding instructor until a couple of years ago but quit to care for my mum. Now I share a horse with someone so I'm still riding and being around them, mostly just being around them since the horse is lame at the moment.
Knitting I started because I was looking for hobbies for my mum to do so found a knit and natter group at a local craft shop and we've been going until lock down put a stop to it. Not doing much knitting at the moment because I picked a difficult project and I've got bored of it essentially.
Got into cross stitching because they had kits at the shop and I love it. Just about to finish a big piece for my sister and then got many more I want to do.
Also a cross stitch fan here .... and diamond painting! If you have not tried that you should. I actually started a business based around diamond art and other crafts. I sell the kits

I enjoy basically everything animal/pet wise. Especially turtles and fish! I used to own a baby hatchling eastern painted turtle named "zippy". She was the size of a quarter and so sweet! Just recently got a new 20 gallon low profile tank set up with tons of nice extras to set it up and my order of 2 baby turtles got cancelled on me.....ugh! I also enjoy crafts; cross-stitching, sewing, scrapbooking, DIY crafts and diamond art is my newest craft hobby kick....I started up an online business selling diamond painting kits! Also i am a beach fan since i live on the coast shoreline born and raised I enjoy collecting seagrass and seashells as well

I enjoy basically everything animal/pet wise. Especially turtles and fish! I used to own a baby hatchling eastern painted turtle named "zippy". She was the size of a quarter and so sweet! Just recently got a new 20 gallon low profile tank set up with tons of nice extras to set it up and my order of 2 baby turtles got cancelled on me.....ugh! I also enjoy crafts; cross-stitching, sewing, scrapbooking, DIY crafts and diamond art is my newest craft hobby kick....I started up an online business selling diamond painting kits! Also i am a beach fan since i live on the coast shoreline born and raised I enjoy collecting seaglass and seashells as well

Building model kits... here is the car I built... has 734 thin plywood parts. No glue required. Has working wipers, windows, The trunk and hood open, the pistons in the engine move, doors open, cars moves forward or backwards via working shifter.
A724B46E-EE0D-475B-9572-7958EDA5288E.jpeg
0B555C7A-1548-45D1-B5A1-95303FA26F6E.jpeg
EE1DD914-1B90-40E8-850E-A35393446BD1.jpeg
DC501E3B-C3F1-4048-B077-A61CF930D00D.jpeg
89818C8D-A437-4D66-8922-A2F3C557DBBA.jpeg
7D9AF730-2FC7-436C-B809-661A02C7C7A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 948A898A-D1AE-4AE9-960E-FCFBAFB55E74.jpeg
    948A898A-D1AE-4AE9-960E-FCFBAFB55E74.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I enjoy riding and working with horses, learning about veterinary medicine, drawing, painting (mostly shoes to sell lol) reading and baking

I have loved horses from as long as I can remember and was going to work as a wrangler at a summer camp this summer but cant because of the covid19 issue.
I started painting shoes last November and cant stop

Been a fish nut off and on since I was 9. At one time had 17 aquariums, 2 goldfish ponds, and 2 Koi ponds. Also, professional artist, art teacher, sculptor, and jewelry designer. I also design computerized machine embroideries. House remodeling, gardening, and sewing. Just getting back into the aquarium hobby. Enjoying the forum.

Been a fish nut off and on since I was 9. At one time had 17 aquariums, 2 goldfish ponds, and 2 Koi ponds. Also, professional artist, art teacher, sculptor, and jewelry designer. I also design computerized machine embroideries. House remodeling, gardening, and sewing. Just getting back into the aquarium hobby. Enjoying the forum.
You were 9 and you had 17 aquarium and 4 ponds? Wow

Most reactions

Back