Cups For Males

6" high and 5" wide ,just right IMO,I'd like some that were a little bigger if I could find them. What do you use?

the shoebox storage containers that i keep my full grown ones in-i put in 2 plastic dividers to make 3 compartments. so its about 1/3 gal of water each. id take a pic but they are in the basement right now. i will have to pull them out soon though for i will be spawning again :D
i tend to think the extra space in tall containers is wasted on height and the bettas prefer width (or girth)

although i do have one betta in this vase and he seems to enjoy swimming from the top to the bottom over and over (like in this pic)
bvase.jpg

i had looked at all of those deli containers on instawares and sites alike but couldnt find any that i thought would be big enough. and if i did, they werent clear or were too expensive.

nah-i can handle it right now. maybe sometime in the future if i end up with too many to handle.
thanks sharks:)

jacblades said:
nah-i can handle it right now. maybe sometime in the future if i end up with too many to handle.
well i am too lazy.....I am about to do my tanks now and if I can cut back on a cleaning by using a barracks you better believe i am going to ...;)

just an idea if anyone is around the austin area i can maybe get some of the walmart cups from my work... i can ask tomorrow and see what the charge.. and let you know tomorrow,..

i house my bettas in different jars, but i am buying 70 64oz deli cups for $30.00 and will house juveniles and some adults from their.

wuvmybetta, that link that you posted is it 400 jars for $50.00 ?

walmartfish said:
just an idea if anyone is around the austin area i can maybe get some of the walmart cups from my work... i can ask tomorrow and see what the charge.. and let you know tomorrow,..
i dont think anyone on these forums could consciously put their bettas in those tiny things.

jacblades said:
walmartfish said:
i dont think anyone on these forums could consciously put their bettas in those tiny things.
actually wal mart has the biggest Betta cups of any of the stores I have been too. those things are huge compared to others

rollntider said:
jacblades said:
walmartfish said:
actually wal mart has the biggest Betta cups of any of the stores I have been too. those things are huge compared to others
My wal mart also uses "larger" than normal cups, but they still aren't large enough to raise Juvi's in. Unless your Wal mart is using something even larger (at least 32 oz.) then they aren't good enough.

Linda
http://www.pet-emporium.com
http://www.cooking-fanatics.com

shrks1fan said:
rollntider said:
jacblades said:
walmartfish said:
My wal mart also uses "larger" than normal cups, but they still aren't large enough to raise Juvi's in. Unless your Wal mart is using something even larger (at least 32 oz.) then they aren't good enough.

Linda
http://www.pet-emporium.com
http://www.cooking-fanatics.com
no they arent , I am not saying they are good for raising, but they are the largest cups of any store I have been too.....

ok i am confused.. like i have said before i am learning so tell me how big does the bowl need to be to raise a betta fry?
ours are the new size bowls and they are as big as the deli cups that you or someone was talking about buying. i am looking into getting some cheap from a source..

Most reactions

Back