Cuckoo Cat

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Here is pooky.....he is kind of a vampire. Only comes out at night.....mostly!

Attachments

• pooky.JPG
    pooky.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 80
Woo Hoo! I just went down to my fav store and picked up 2 more of these guys! Pooky is gonna be soooo happy to have new friends!

I don't think they get very big. My friend has had one for 2 years and it is only about 4 inches long...... :fish:

I have 3 of them now! They act alot different when they are around their own kind.......you should read up on their breeding method....it's pretty funny!

hey freshmike. i just got a cuckoo cat too. i read they can get up to 6". my LFS has a much bigger one to show me and it was quite back. at least 5", and such a beautiful fish. mine comes out of his cave once the lights go out. he cleans like crazy! i was thinking of getting another one, but i'm afraid i'll end up overstocked, and have to give someone up.

how did pooky react when you gave him the friends, is he hanging out with them and stuff? i read they were kinda loners.

my cuckoo cat seems pretty aggressive. even went head to head with my firemouth the day i brought him home. guess he was laying down the fact that he's not backing down, and that the cave is now HIS. haha. cuckoo's are no wimps!

-kip

Yeah.....he is starting to get a little bit of a belly.......maybe "he" is actually a "she" and "she" is just getting ready to intrude upon some cichlid mating action! :thumbs:

freshmike said:
Yeah.....he is starting to get a little bit of a belly.......maybe "he" is actually a "she" and "she" is just getting ready to intrude upon some cichlid mating action! :thumbs:
wow. that's in interesting looking fish. i've never seen one before! (s)he's a cute little chubber.

speaking of mating action, my cichlid has been trying to put the make on my gourami lately. i don't know what kinda vibe that trampy gourami is sending out, but it's crossing species!

Most reactions

Back