Crappy Economy - Are You Spending Less Money On Your Fish?

How much money are you spending on your fish?

• more money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • about the same of money

• less money

• way less less money!

• Total voters
ive been spending the same really. i havent yet been affected by the 'crush' so still try and soend normally. at these times the lfs will suffer. once there go they will be gone.

same with koi. i spent about £200 today on some food, uv and abit of pipework could of probably got it £40 cheaper online but it will be the real dealers who will get affected.

I'm a Realtor and with the current real estate market, I'm spending absolutely nothing unless I have to. My tanks are very understocked right now but I just can't justify buying fish. Hopefully, things will turn around soon and we can all get back to normal. Unfortunately, I think it will be at least next year before the economy really starts to move in the right direction.

LOL you call the unprecidented boom in house prices normal :unsure:

I have got a theory that the pet trade could do ok in this recession. However I don't think we have hit the bottom yet so could be very wrong but my thinking is that people tend to stay at home much more in these times. They will then want to spend more to keep them happy at home. I dunno need to think about this one more but spending time at LFS's recently I have never seen so many people in these places so I don't think there is a threat to trade right now.

Time will tell I guess.

we only started out from scratch in January with xmas money on the basis that once it was running it shouldnt cost too much per month. I even vetoed my partners suggestion of the xmas money going into my new car fund....

I must admit i have been spending less, mainly because my car insurance shot up, and my hours were dropped from 20-12 at work (im a student so cant work full time)

Right at this moment we're spending less b/c we haven't had to spend anything.
Our tanks are overstocked, and thankfully, nothing has gone wrong *knock on wood*

Hopefully soon, we'll be purchasing a larger tank though. Just have to find the tank we want :)

I think I am spending about the same as before, although I don't have any major bits to buy now so it's just a case of getting foodstuffs, occasional new plants or fish.

I still go to my LFS once a week if I have time, even if it's to buy only a pack or two of live foods - I enjoy going there for a chat and to see what new fish they have in and we discuss how things are going with our aquariums, swap tips and advice etc.

And although I make a point of going to my LFS regularly to support them as local traders (I'd hate for them to close due to the recession!), I do shop around online to compare prices and look for bargains (like the recent filter I bought online at a snip, with various free gifts!).

Athena

I'm spending the same. £25 every 2 months on the fishes needs.

Most reactions

Back