Corys Vs Red Tail Black Shark?

ss53

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my 120l tank - I'm having a tank of tiger barbs (original, green & albino) - however I really want to get my two favourite fish:

4 Corys & 1 red tailed black shark.

I understand they are both labelled as bottom feeders... does this mean they can't live together happily? Will they compete? I am aware of troubles with RTBS...

Thanks.

A 120l is too small for RTBS anyway; they need at least a four foot tank.

Great, a simple straight up answer. Decision made!! Thank you. x

120l is too small for the Red Tailed Black Shark. Also if your going to get corys you should get at least 6 of them. Corys also prefer sand substrate over gravel.

It's nice when that happens, isn't it?!

Can I get different types of Corys? Will they still group together? I'm a fan of Panda's but maybe with 6 it would be nice to have others too?

I've been asking this question.

3 people said so far I could get albino with my bronze cory.

Oh yeah I just saw your topic post... sounds good to me.

Albino and bronze will shoal together because they are different coloured versions of the same species (like orange/green/albino tiger barbs) but all the other types eg pandas are different species, so it's best to keep them with a decent number of their own kind.

If they're both aeneus family,then they will shoal/breed together quite happily if they want :) They're just different colour variations :good:

Albino and bronze will shoal together because they are different coloured versions of the same species (like orange/green/albino tiger barbs) but all the other types eg pandas are different species, so it's best to keep them with a decent number of their own kind.

+1.

Basically if you want panda corys than get 6 of them. If you want a bronze cory than the albinos will school with them.

Just a post to sum it all up. ;)

I had both the corys and the shark in my tank before. It wasn't aggressive towards anyone that I am aware of...

Most reactions

Back