Cory's Being Eaten Alive!

No, got a goldlfish tank could easliy get it going again.
I would only use that med in a hospital tank.

Mmm...i don't have this facity, so wouldn't really be wise to put it in my community tank then.

I'll wait until Saturday and do a water change and if there is no improvement i'll try one of the meds you suggested.

Are they both as good as each other?

I prefer myxazin waterlife, to interpet bacterial med, but thats just me.

OK, i'll see which i can get hold off. Thanks for your advice it's been of great help.

Just one more question, which may be neay impossible to answer. The cory with the fin damage swims halfway up the tank and is off his food, what are his chances?

Not a good sign at all when there off there food,
Does he lay on the substrate to oneside.
What his breathing like as once a bacteria infection gets advanced they start to breath shallow or faster.

Not a good sign at all when there off there food,
Does he lay on the substrate to oneside.
What his breathing like as once a bacteria infection gets advanced they start to breath shallow or faster.

He will occasionally swim to the bottom and sit, doesn't lose balance or anything like that, he's jsut very quite which in itself isn't a good sign is it?. His breathing is fine, nothing out of hte ordinary there.

woul dbe gutted if i lost either of these. They were m very first fish

Thats a good sign then, fingers crossed he makes it bless him.
I love corys too there so cute.

An update, the larger Cory is eating well and seems to be fine now. The smaller one with the fin and scale damage is still very sick and reluctant to move around. He seems very weak with no signs of improvement. Infact i noticed a small white 'cotton wool' fleck on his tale this morning. Not a very good sign.

Hi nemo8269 :)

It's going to take a while for any medicine to work. Just keep at it.

It's important to complete at least the course of treatment that the directions recommend and continue longer if you think the infection is still present. If you don't get rid of them in the fish they are likely to mutate and be immune to that medicine in the future.

Keep up your water changes too. It's very important to get rid of any condition that might have caused it in the first place.

Fish are fragile and it's not always possible to cure them when they are sick. Keep trying though. I hope they recover soon.

I added meds on monday with a water change. If i change the water tomorrow should i add more meds?

Is it best to keep the lights off? i've already reduced the temperature to 20C

If you do a water change just add the correct amount of med back to the water removed.
The light shouldn't make any diference on that med.

an update, My male Betta is now sick. He's strugling to get off the sand and my red nosed tetras no longer have their red nose. The colour seems to have completely faded. Would a massive water change help?

Ahh...the tetra's are doing fine now, althoughte Cory's and Betta are in a poor way.

Most reactions

Back