Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cases are climbing high here. nobodys following anything theyre supposed to do. no masks, hundreds of people at the parks, graduation parties etc

my dad just drove down to "Chop/Chaz" (what they are calling the area they took over downtown). hes trying to talk to the protesters. most of whom arent wearing masks.

the protesters have blocked off I-5 (the main interstate highway) every night for a week

Putting the diesese aside. I manage 2 facilities in the catering / venue buisness. I am in San Diego, CA the epicenter for ALL that is catering and events.
BUT i have watched multiple HUGE companies go out of buisness.
My company specilizes in weddings so it is much easier ti get a wedding family to agree to venue rules and be all together. Than a buisness risking it for a party.
Corporate catering companies are screwed.
Were lucky we have 10.5 million $ in buisness on hold with 1.5 million in deposits.
But with operating costs at 50k monthly before i even pay employees is crazy.
Yes we got PPP. But that doesnt save industry

my dad just drove down to "Chop/Chaz" (what they are calling the area they took over downtown). hes trying to talk to the protesters. most of whom arent wearing masks.

the protesters have blocked off I-5 (the main interstate highway) every night for a week
Arrest them!

I would like this virus to be a wakeup call to all businesses out there and to the governments around the world that continue to rely on this antiquated world economy. Companies need to diversify.

The governments and citizens need to come together and change the way we live and now would be a great time to do it. Get rid of money and give everyone housing, clean water, food and free medical & dental care. Let people work in fields that they enjoy working in.

Take us into the future and use Star Trek or whatever you like as an example of how we should live together and get along. There has to be a better way than what we have today, which clearly isn't working and has never worked. The rich get richer and the poor die in the streets.

--------------------
Latest news from Australia.

There are new cases popping up all over Victoria (in the eastern states). Most of the new cases are coming from unknown sources.

Western Australia has apparently had no new cases for over a month but there are dozens of people in my neighbourhood that are coughing and have been for the last 5-6 weeks. I have written to the Premier of WA about this matter on two occasions now but he hasn't responded. So last night I fired off some emails to the Health Department and the Minister for Health. Maybe they will send a team down here to test the people. There's a virus here and we need to find out which one it is.

The western half of the country appears to be clear of the virus (apart from my town, which could have anything), but the east coast could be about to go through a second wave, all because people aren't obeying the laws about social distancing and staying home when sick.

I agree with Colin that we need to radically re-think how we run our economies.

Every country should ensure that they can feed their own population with the basics - so, for example, here in the UK we might not get avocados or tilapia, but we'd have enough potatoes, carrots and eggs. Much less reliance on imports. Encourage small, local businesses to cut down on transport requirements etc

For too long, for the sake of "growing the economy", we have all been encouraged not just to buy and consume too much, but to WASTE so much. eg replacing our phones every time new model comes out. It's not necessary and it doesn't make any of us any happier (on the contrary - we are never contented) and it is destroying the very fabric of the planet.

Everyone needs a roof over their head, food on their table, medical and dental care and a safe place their children to grow up. We can't achieve this if we continue as we are. And - and I know I'll get hammered for this - but we must limit the size of our families. Two successful pregnancies should be the maximum, then BOTH parties sterilised. I'm not preaching eugenics - I don't think that only certain groups should be allowed to have children - but I think every child should be wanted and valued, and if people were limited regarding their offspring, then they would take more care with contraception. (My friend's son, for instance has five children - all by different girls. All of those girls have at least one other child - two have three other children. I don't know how many different fathers - but hardly any of them are involved in their children's lives.)

This isn't good - either for the children or for the planet. There are far too many people. We do not have a "right" to take over everything, and this is God (or nature, or Gaia, if you prefer it) telling us to have a good think about what we are doing. We won't get another chance, and worse than that, we will take the rest of Creation with us.

(Yes - I am a Christian: No - I will not start arguing theology with anyone. No matter what your mindset on this, it is obvious that the planet is overpopulated re: homo "sapiens")

Chicken is no safer unless you grow it on your own property and kill it on your property.

90% of poultry coming out of commercial abattoirs have multiple species of drug resistant bacteria on them. This is caused by excessive use and mis-use of anti-biotics on farms since the 70s.

Just make sure you always wash your hands with warm soapy water after handling any raw meat and disinfect any benches after having meat trays on them. Cooking utensils and cutting boards should be washed in hot (60C+) water.

Chicken is no safer unless you grow it on your own property and kill it on your property.

90% of poultry coming out of commercial abattoirs have multiple species of drug resistant bacteria on them. This is caused by excessive use and mis-use of anti-biotics on farms since the 70s.

Just make sure you always wash your hands with warm soapy water after handling any raw meat and disinfect any benches after having meat trays on them. Cooking utensils and cutting boards should be washed in hot (60C+) water.

Well these diy kits are simple, you just put it in the oven for 30 minutes, take out, apply tandoori sauce, put back in for 10 more, I usually eat it out of the tin with about 250g of yogurt on it. No carbs eg rice added, great for weight loss.

Most reactions

Back