Corner Tank

flippajh

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Am looking to have a re-decorate and was thinking to make some more room, I might change over to a corner tank.

Was looking at between 180-230 litre, are there any that are better than others.

Or should I steer clear of corner tanks, whilst the capacity of the tank is the same, I suppose it's going to lose some of the actual space inside.

I currently have an Aqua One Regency 80, which has been ok.

Any advice greatly received.

Corner tanks are fine you need to think a little more about filter flow to prevent dead spots but the front diagonal of the tank is a wide open swimming area so most fish can adjust.

Hand't thought about that, nice and easy with a square tank. Cant really have both the outflow and intake in the back corner! Or maybe both and external and internal filter to help the flow round.

Thanks for that, will do plenty of research before I start thinking about buying one.

fluval make a very nice corner tank and when i was looking, i looked into it myself! the only thing that put me off a corner tank was the fact that it would have to stay in the corner

I've been trying to find some aquascapes to have a look at, it's just going to be trial and error, unfortunately all the tanks I've looked at are pretty deep like the tank I have now, so moving things around are quite hard! I'll just keep looking for the time being, won't rush into anything!

Thanks

TRIGON 190

Got one, got internal filter which can be a little hard to get filter sponge out, but generally a decent tank i recon

yep trigon 190
overall a good tank just need to add an external filter

Most reactions

Back