Convict X Jellybean Pics

would love some :) :) :)
but unfortunately U.K and never seen a jellybean in the flesh.
too bad as those babies looked so nice:(

Had you been in Scotland I could have given you some of my fry before I gave away my female.

Hey vallyrich was there no pink ones amongst the fry?When my JB and con breed theres usually half and half.They grow up just like regular cons though, which to me is just further proof that JB's are just balloon body cons.

A cross between a jellybean parrot and a con would be 75% con... of course it would look like a con! My midas x BP looks almost exactly like a normal midas too, except that she's missing her tail and in her it is obviously genetic.

A cross between a jellybean parrot and a con would be 75% con... of course it would look like a con! My midas x BP looks almost exactly like a normal midas too, except that she's missing her tail and in her it is obviously genetic.

So what do you think a JB x BP would look like?

Did you breed this fish yourself?

No T I didn't breed her, and honestly it's just an educated guess, but I have seen confirmed midas x BP that looked EXACTLY like her... I just say that's what she is since I get tired of explaining that I don't have a way of knowing for sure. She looks like a midas and was sold as a sweetheart parrot, so that seems most likely. Dunno what a JB x BP would look like, there's probably no definite answer since it would be a mix of so many different genes. Probably some would look more like BPs, and some more like the parental species of BPs, but I would expect fewer to look like cons since they'd have less DNA from the cons than anything else. It would probably be like flowerhorns, fish from the same spawn can look dramatically different.

No T I didn't breed her, and honestly it's just an educated guess, but I have seen confirmed midas x BP that looked EXACTLY like her... I just say that's what she is since I get tired of explaining that I don't have a way of knowing for sure. She looks like a midas and was sold as a sweetheart parrot, so that seems most likely. Dunno what a JB x BP would look like, there's probably no definite answer since it would be a mix of so many different genes. Probably some would look more like BPs, and some more like the parental species of BPs, but I would expect fewer to look like cons since they'd have less DNA from the cons than anything else. It would probably be like flowerhorns, fish from the same spawn can look dramatically different.

I'll post up some of my BPxJB's later.

But I also have a midas that was sold as a parrot although she has a tail.Shes just kinda stubby(I'll post a pic later too).But I have also seen tailless midas/devils for sale in the lfs(I have pics too I think).

Really, tailless midas? Guess they're starting to crop other species :(. I'm too much of a realist to hope it's genetic. I love my girly no matter what she is, she was kinda a "rescue" purchase anyway.... plus, she's a cutie and a half! :D Doesn't seem to notice her missing tail at all and constantly tries to mate with my oscar. I now have a small flowerhorn beside their tank within her view and that has sent her into breeding mode lately.

Most reactions

Back