Converting From Fresh To Marine

its for a 100 gallon tank im not sure about the gph but this one online store says it produce about 340.....the water is moving all around the tank just on top i dont kno whats happen in the bottom do but i have an internal filter its a fluval and its an internal filter from my frshwater aquarium do u thik i can use this until my order arrive.........and do u have to change your water when your cyling your tank and how many.......how about after the cycle how often do u change your water and how much do u change

do u think you guys can tell me like all of the equepment that i need if i want to have a succesfull reef tank with some corals in it...for now i have a fish only wit LR and im planning to conver it to a reef tank with some corals later on (in about 3-4 months) so wat are the things that i need like do i need a UV sterilizer and all that stuff to have a healthy reef tank...thx

and do you think i can use my refrigirator water for my water supply my refrigirato are the one that has a filter in it and you replace it once in a while so do u thik i can use this insted of buying a RO system

what is a HOB refugium and what s it use for and what are the benifits

Holy questions batman, ok here goes:

Equipment (assuming a full-blown reef within 6 months):
100gal tank (assuming 4ft long with a single brace in the middle)
~50 gallon sump with chaeto-filled refugium, if you have to, hire a local professional to set it up
100-150lbs of live rock
40lbs of aragonite sand
2 x Seio M1100 powerheads
2 x 250watt metal halide lighting (nothing by Jebo)
optional 2x48" T5 actinic supplimentation (again, nothing by Jebo)
ASM G2 protien skimmer In-sump
300watt submersible heater in-sump (just dont buy one too cheap, go at least middle of the road price)
100 gallons per day RO unit
UV sterilizer or Ozonator optional (if you want to keep Tangs, I'd have one, otherwise dont bother)
Calcium reactor (by the time you get to a full coral load you'll need one on a tank that big)
200 gallons worth of saltwater mix
Test kits for pH, calcium, alkalinity, nitrate, and phosphate
Refractometer
TDS meter

If all this seems daunting, you might want to enlist the help of a local tank set-up/maintenance professional. Usually the best place to find such a person is either to ask employees at your LFS, or to ask at a local reef club like this one for a reference.

do u think i should get a quarantine tank......do i need any gravel in it or i can just put water heater light and filter

I dont think a quarantine tank is essential from the start... But as you get more experienced and you add more and more expensive livestock, I find that tey're paramount to your success. You'd need lights, LR, and a powerhead for a quarantine tank.

is it a good thing to put you LR in your quarantine tank before introducing it to ur main tank........my LFS said that i dont need any LR in it i just need water filter hearter and water so that i can clean it easily i dont kno im kinda confuse

and iim having trouble with my temperature right now im in the cycling proces my tank is 2 weeks old and my temp is either 84 or 86 is that bad when ur cycling.....i have a 260 watts light

some pix of my tank 2 weeks old and do u guys think u can help me on positioning my powerhead

100_4894.JPG

i have 12 lbs of LR for now........do u think its better to put about 50 lbs of LR before buying/introducing any livestock 4now i have 2 danios in it

and is that bubble comeing out of my filter bad for my aquarium its been doing that since i got it it a fluval 404

and do i need that box from my protien skimmer in there or i can take it away bcuz it take alot of space were i can put a powerhead there

some pix of my tank 2 weeks old and do u guys think u can help me on positioning my powerhead

View attachment 38531

i have 12 lbs of LR for now........do u think its better to put about 50 lbs of LR before buying/introducing any livestock 4now i have 2 danios in it
and is that bubble comeing out of my filter bad for my aquarium its been doing that since i got it it a fluval 404

and do i need that box from my protien skimmer in there or i can take it away bcuz it take alot of space were i can put a powerhead there

In a 50g Tank you will need 25kg od Liverock to adaquitly act as the Biological filtration

I would keep the cover as it seperates the pump from you livestock

Also you would be best topping the water up to the edge of teh black trim, this way you will know when you need to top up

Danios - Aint these freshwater Fish ??

Isnt that a Black/White Sadle back clown in the tank ?

View attachment 38531

In a 50g Tank you will need 25kg od Liverock to adaquitly act as the Biological filtration

I would keep the cover as it seperates the pump from you livestock

Also you would be best topping the water up to the edge of teh black trim, this way you will know when you need to top up

Danios - Aint these freshwater Fish ??

Isnt that a Black/White Sadle back clown in the tank ?

my mistake i have 2 damsels not danios.....so what can i do with that box with for protien skimmer im kinda confuse and is it okay to put 2 clown fish with my two damsels

the box that i was talkin about is this one

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 45
I would be more concerned abut getting more Bio-Filtration in the tank ASAP ie - LiveRock

What are your Ammonia & NitrIte readings

the last time that i check which is about 5 days ago my ammonia is 0 and i dont have a nitrite tester but im plannig to get some

i just got my RO system today and not i have about 19 gallons to be exact that i filter out already so my ? is can i use these water right away or should i trow them away because i heard that you throw away the first 10 gallon but im nut sure with dat and i call the company that i bought it from the said that i can use the water right away so is that true or should i trow the water

right now i just bought some LR and now i have about 20 lbs of LR

and can any one answere my ? about that box from my protein skimmer thx

the last time that i check which is about 5 days ago my ammonia is 0 and i dont have a nitrite tester but im plannig to get some

i just got my RO system today and not i have about 19 gallons to be exact that i filter out already so my ? is can i use these water right away or should i trow them away because i heard that you throw away the first 10 gallon but im nut sure with dat and i call the company that i bought it from the said that i can use the water right away so is that true or should i trow the water

right now i just bought some LR and now i have about 20 lbs of LR

and can any one answere my ? about that box from my protein skimmer thx

You should be checking Ammonia & NitrIte Levels Daily for the 1st couple of weeks

IMO you should have added all your Livverock before adding Livestock

AS for the skimmer box - when you have all your LR you can aquascape it so it is hidden

As for the RO Unit - I personally would turf the 1st 5 gallons

i got home today and i saw abunch of green stuff hanging on the nback and infront of my aquarium it look like a grass kinda and theres abunch of them in there and what should i do with tha brown algie do u think i should just leave it alone and theres alot of brown stuff on my sand wat should ido with it (my tank is 2 weeks old)

and wat should i do with that algie on my rock (center)

here some pix

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 42
Do a search for Cyno & Diatoms

All new tanks suffer from this

Make sure your Phosphates reading is nil, even then you should invest in a phosphate remover

im trying to buy some LR so any suggestion what kind of LR should i get im thinking of buying some base rock for the botom of my tank then buy one of those expesive ones any suggestion about this or any thing about LR

Most reactions

Back