Conjoined Guppy?

deb53cl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have some approx 6 week old guppy fry. One of them seems to have another fry joined onto it underneath.

Have noticed it since birth and for the first day thought it was maybe the egg yolk. As the weeks have gone on this now definatly looks like its a conjoined fish.

The guppy is happily swimming and eating well.

Has anyone heard or seen this before? If it is this what are the chances of it surviving? As I said its 6 weeks old now and everyday I look thinking it may be dead.

I have tried to get a photo but there are so many fry in the tank its impossible with the small size but i swear its a tail and body??

Any thoughts??

it is possible, and there have been cases shown on here before, try and get some pictures if you can :good:

Will try again but so difficult with so many tiddlers in a large tank......it just does not want to pose.

So it has been known??? I thought I was going daft thinking it was another attached.

Do they managed to survive like this?

O goodness....

Yes that is just how it looks apart from the bubble underneath!

I have been trying to get a pic but too small and fast at moment.

Thankyou for showing the pic. Because it is so small it was hard to tell if it was a fish (I did not know it was possible but if it is in mammels then I suppose there is the chance in fish too).

I was thinking it was intestine at first but surely it would have died, but as I said as each day goes by it certainly looks like your pic.

Well fingers crossed it lives happily for 18 months too.

Most reactions

Back