Compatability

fishboy619

Fish Addict
Reaction score
if i was to say i would like a tank with (and expect size to be plenty big enough, and fully mature):
sparkling gouramies
bumble bee gobies
cardinal tetra
C.harbrosus
kuhlii loaches
betta
shrimps (amano, cherry, crystals)
ottos

would they be any aggression problems. i know bettas and gouramies dont usally get along. but sparklings are very pieceful i find and just wondered if its worth a shot? would i need certain amounts of any fish to keep aggression low, or would say only a small number of each be ok
and extra help you can give me
cheers

The agression would be more likely to come from the betta, bettas personalities can vary a great deal and some bettas can be particularly agressive to any fish with lots of colour or occupies the same sort of space as the betta etc, betta's are also known to try and attack/eat shrimps. Personally i wouldn't recommend keeping the betta in the community tank.
Some types of bumblebee gobies are also brackish fish i believe?

i have kept bettas in communities before, some are aggrssive, but a lot of mine have been fine with carfully chosen tank mates, some, most, bumblebee gobies are brackiah, but some species are freshwater, and they some from freshwater in the wild, so its fine.

Just know that crowntail bettas are considered by breeders to be far more aggressive than regular betta splendens, and highly unsuitable for a community tank.

If you want a betta, get a nice boldly colored betta splendens, you'll have better luck finding a suitable personalitied betta for your community.

Do not get bumble bee gobies for that tank... 2 reasons...

1. They are brackish fish.

2. Very hard to feed, they will really only eat live foods.

some bumblebee gobies are freshwater, they come from freshwater in the wild some species, and do very well in freshwater. they may be hard to feed, but i dont think that means i shouldnt have them, i have a brine shrimp culture which i could use, and most bumblebee gobies can take to frozen, and i feed my ADF's frozen bloodworms/glass worms/daphina and brineshrimp so its not much more effort to feed them, i am willing to give it a go and try.
i may leave the betta out of this tank, but as no body has say NO NO dont do that!!!! and no one else has spotted any problems, i will go ahead and put them in a tank together (after cycling etc etc) if anyone has anymore help, i welcome that, thanks.

Most reactions

Back