Coming To The Salty World :)

kingjohn1966

Reaction score
hi everyone,

ive decided to sell up my tropical corner tank and get into marine fish its what i always wanted to do since i started keepking fish :)

im thinking of buying a juwel rio 260 to start out as i heard bigger tanks are easier to maintain, can anyone recommened me lighting units filters/skimmers that are good but not too expensive?

thanks in advance

john :)

:hi:

the larger the water volume usually means the easier it is to keep stable as small changes make less of an impact.

before you rush out and buy equipment you need to decide what you would like to keep as it varies massivly.

Fish only?

fish only with live rock?

full on reef?
- soft corals?
- LPS corals?
- SPS corals?

hi mate i definately want to have live rock and the spongey type things (not sure what there called) id probly only keep a few fish as i like the rock and inverts the most

what lighting and skimmer do u reccomend?

was lookin at fluval305 for my filter

thanks

john

Well first thing mate...live rock and power heads filter the water so dont buy one.

Id reccomend a deltec skimmer if you can stretch to one. Mce 300 or 600 would be great.

For a soft coral reef id light with 4 t5 tubes. Get a unit where each bulb has its iwn reflector.

o nice one cheers mate

do you have any links for the t5s? do they universaly fit all tanks or need special lids made etc?

also do i need special bulbs? i seen alot of diffrernt variets and prices etc

Ati units are very good if you can afford.

Arcadia are decent if not.

You usually have an open top and hang the unit a couple inches above the tank or use legs

Most reactions

Back