Co2 Units

johnnywortho

Reaction score
hi people i am totally new to the whole co2 units and was wondering what product would be suitable for my rio 180 money isnt a problem. is there a unit out there that i could buy that has everything i require, bearing in mind i haven't a clue what bits and bobs i need. thanks

Hi
I have this one in my 180Ltr tank.
DSC03131.jpg

Hope this helps

Sam

and this has everything with the unit i dont need to by any other items to complete the unit? how long does the canister last for then and where would i be able to refill it again. thanks for you time

Hi we use the NUTRAFIN CO2 natural plant system its arround £17 ish and you only need to re do it once a month wnich you just mix the solution and after a few days you can see the bubbles relising into tank never had any probs with this and its so easy to use. then we also add the ferropoll 24 plant fertilizer between them both they are doing a great job.

hope this helps

I wouldn´t recommend DIY CO2 on a 180l tank due to adequate CO2 levels being not being reached. Go pressurised......eBay is your friend!

Dave.

Hi we use the NUTRAFIN CO2 natural plant system its arround £17 ish and you only need to re do it once a month wnich you just mix the solution and after a few days you can see the bubbles relising into tank never had any probs with this and its so easy to use. then we also add the ferropoll 24 plant fertilizer between them both they are doing a great job.

hope this helps

uh...once a month!? i re-do mine every week and a bit!!

And yeah i wouldnt reccomend diy co2, yes it is cheap by my god its a pain in the ass!!

not too sure then as we do it once a month as instructed by the LFS and the instructions and dont reall find it a pain or inadaquate on our 200l fluval tank?1 but thats my oppinion.

not too sure then as we do it once a month as instructed by the LFS and the instructions and dont reall find it a pain or inadaquate on our 200l fluval tank?1 but thats my oppinion.

The big question is what are the light levels. If we are talking tank stock lighting, then CO2 may be unnecessary.

Dave.

Id go with a FE CO2 system on a tank that size, 2kg with all the gear may set you back around £70/80 but will last a year and only cost about £20 to buy another re-fill.

The big question is what are the light levels. If we are talking tank stock lighting, then CO2 may be unnecessary.

Dave.

Dave has touched on the heart of the matter for me, I don't mean to sound patronising but you don't sound like you fully understand CO2, why people use it and so on. Adding equipment that you don't understand to a tank is just a recepie for disaster, if you can give us a bit more background as to your tank set up and why you want to do this then we can make some more meaningful advise from there.

well i recently purchased a vast amount of plants of all different types and was concerned that there would be in sufficient co2 for my plants to thrive on within the tank and cause the plants to stump there growth and loose there color. i have been doing alot of research on this and just like you guys said pressurized co2 systems would be best for a tank of my size

It´s the light levels that will largely determine whether you have enough CO2. What tubes have you got?

Dave.

i believe they are 2 x 30 Watt tubes. standard for a rio 180. would these effect my co2 within the tank

60w over 40g gives you 1.5WPG, not really worth adding Co2 :) Liquid carbon dosing should be enough.

Most reactions

Back