Clowns

PhoenixWizard

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got our first fish today for the river reef setup..

They were a pair of TMC bred Perc clowns.

Got them home they seem to be ok but seemingly stay towards the back of the tank and quite high...

Im not sure if the water flow is a little too much for them?

Im just monitoring them atm as i want them to be settled in and be able to utilize the whole tank not just the back at the top....

anyone had any sort of similar exp.?

mine did the same for 3 days then he started using the whole tank.
think of it this way, they are babies taken from home and dumped in a strange place with giants almost always looking at them, can you blame them for being nervous.

yeah i did think that!...

id be running for my life lol!

Thanks for the reply though... just glad i know its not just mine :p

I am getting my other clown this weekend, I have a tmc bred tangerine clown (want it to stay small) and will obviously be getting another tangerine.

My lawn mower blenny didn't seem to have the same nervous period as the clown, it just swam down, sat on a rock and started eating.

Well i just went and checked and they seem a little happier... moving along the back wall all around it as opposed to just one little area!...

How many clowns do you have?

1 at the moment getting another this weekend

Thanks for that!... they seem to be moving around a little more today.. but still not encircling their new lair as it were!

I got my 2 clownfish this week and they are both staying under my pump in the day and next to my heater at night. One is more adventurous than the other but I'm sure they'll settle in soon ^-^

Yeah im hoping so they have moved a little the past few days and seemingly across the back wall of the tank stick by the outlet at one side or the powerhead the other side.

But i did rescape the tank earlier in the hope that having a little more open space would help and also made a few more hidey holes aswell.

I think the whole hidey holes scene is designed for whatever else will be in the tank :p

Most reactions

Back