Cloudy tank

Bomag

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
now people after some advice please got the tank as listed below with the standard filter on it and three big external filters and big powerhead to push the water round got two big air pumps with two pond air stones providing the air.

the problem being is that can not get rid of my semi cloudy water (can with putting filter aid in it )
nitrite = 0
nitrate = 0
ammonia = 0
ph 6.5

what is going on have tried to turn off the air and have tried not feeding cat fish pellets but to no avail.............

please please help :eek:

:/ sorry to be a pain but has been set up nearly a year and am using something to get rid of the nitrates a little bag ,,,, have cleaned the gravel as well need help

ps: the water has been cloudy before i started using the sack for nitrates
and have done water changes

any ideas would be gratefully accepted :/

do you (and can you) have live plants? after having such good luck with mine, i would never want a tank without them. they helped to cycle my tank faster, and they keep sucking up a portion of the nitrates.

what colour is the 'cloudy water'

Our bogwood in the 15gal has stained the water yellow...

thanks for the replys again but the water is like what i would call a misty look to it very cloudy if anything it is white ...
have not got any bogwood because of the staining have only got fake wood and as for the live plant have not got any because of large fish my green severum trys to eat the fake bamboo plants i have he is a pain and funny you should mention it through as was thinking about plants the other day at my local fish shop and like i say did not bother because of large fish and uprooting / eating them losing faith in the bloody thing

everytime i put filter aid in it through or similer it always clears up crystal clean for a couple of days but then back misty

doing my head in :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Most reactions

Back