Chris' Braceless Zeo Reef

looks like you have some fantastic plates there. i have ordered mine and they are coming mid december. cant wait

wow!!!!
Can't believe I haven;t seen this thread before now
There isn;t even a tank there yet and its really interesting.

Sounds like ths is going to be one fab tank mate

And I;m envious of your DIY skills I wish I could learn to do shizzle like that

well done :good:

Simon

Thanks for the reply's

Ben did you order from coral culture?

Another little update

Tank has arrived.

Keith dropped the tank off to me this morning.

Only had a slight set back, The tank was an extra 1.75 inches wider. Wasn't really a problem as i just screwed on a piece of 2x4 to the back of the stand. I wanted the extra width to begin with but decided against it as the stand looked to big in the room.

Few picture of the tank before i get back to work.

11122010336.jpg

11122010337.jpg

Thanks
Chris

stunning looking build quality on that tank! wow.

i didnt order from coral culture. i got them from one of the other sponsors on UR. he seemed most helpful and sent me picture with a tape measure of each bit.

what thickness of glass is
the tank made of i am looking
and thinking is that going to
hold together :blink: :lol:

stunning looking build quality on that tank! wow.

i didnt order from coral culture. i got them from one of the other sponsors on UR. he seemed most helpful and sent me picture with a tape measure of each bit.

Where did you get yours from?

Only reason i bought mine from CC was due to it being an hour away and i could collect/choose the pieces.

Out of the 3 company's i emailed CC where the most help full. No one else would tell me a rough size per kg. (I know its hard but it was only a guideline i needed!)

what thickness of glass is the tank made of
i am looking and thinking is that going to hold together :blink: :lol:

It 12mm glass (1x normal float and 3x Opti-white panels)
Its got a 10mm double base (total 20mm base)

Fingers crossed it will hold together. (Im sure it will lol)

Painted the tank yesterday with black gloss, looked good. Woke up this morning and it had started to peel.

Little bit annoyed but I completely peeled the back in one piece. Went to try and find some sticky vinyl but couldn't find anywhere open. Tried a couple of places but they didn't have black in stock! Hopefully can find some tomorrow.

Problem is that I can not take it outside to spray. Me and my Dad struggled to get it on the stand with the proper suction cups handles.

Im just going to use vinyl, I've used it before and it turned out well, Wont have to wait till it dry's either as its instant.

Thanks for the link anyway

I used Ronseal tile paint from B and Q. No peeling there and a fantastic finish

Might try the ronseal then.

What did you do to prep it? I assume just clean it. if so what did you use?

Thanks

I bought the ronseal black tile paint the other day and used that. Coated really well.

My sand arrived today aswell as my tunze powerheads and eheim pumps.

Only thing i have not got at the moment os the acrylic for my weir. The company that are meant to be doing it arnt responding to my emails quickly, fingers crossed i have them before Christmas

Phopsphorus checker also came so tested the ro water my bones are currently soaking in. It read phopsphorus 154. Which is 0.472 in phospate terms if i worked it out correctly.

Thanks
Chris
_____

Most reactions

Back