Cherry Shrimp Oh My Help Eekk

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
So i got a store credit and used it on 1 cheery shrimp, he is small. This evening i aded him to my betta 5 gallon chi and boy did my betta chase him for a moment . The shrimp was ecerywhere. Whatdo i do about this situation any pointers on making tgem get a long?

Some bettas really can't stand shrimp - especially seeing as he was already established in the tank. The behavior won't change so you need to remove one of the inhabitants before Mr. Cherry becomes a snack for your betta.

Its very strange, bc hesnever shown agression before. The cs is sitting on the rock atm. I think as long as he dont move much hell survive? I have no where to place him :-(

T just took the shrimp out as the betta went for him and now the shrimp has a broken shell near its back. Hes still crawling etc. What a disaster!

the poor thing died over night.

Sorry to hear about that. My betta used to hunt down red cherry shrimp, but would live happily with black crystals. They are fussy things...

Sorry for your loss. Bettas really are strange creatures. You can never tell how they'll react to anything new.

Yep very odd! lol. I have my snail in there atm and he hasn't bothered him at all! What other kind of kridders can go with him?

You could try amano shrimp, they're bigger & not colourful., so he may leave them alone.
I tried my newest Betta with cherry shrimp, he immediately munched on two of them, then left them alone, he doesn't even bother the babies now.
Bettas are certainly characters with individual personalities

Most reactions

Back