Cheap Water Conditioner

crawfish

Reaction score
Hey people and fish
Wheres the best place to get the max amount of water conditioner for the cheapest place? As im one of those fish keepers who puts just abit more than you should in the tank :rolleyes:

Seachem prime is what I and a lot of other members on here use. I got a 500ml bottle for £12 off amazon with free delivery. 5ml treats 200 litres of new tap water so it lasts ages :)

Prime bought on line can be really cheap but be sure you actually want as much as you are buying. I run 26 tanks and bought a half litre of Prime for about $15 delivered, but I expect to actually use it up in the next year or two. If I was only running 1 or 2 tanks, that would be a lifetime supply and then some. If you will never go through it all, is it really such a huge bargain? The answer is really different for each of us.

I have a 250L tank and always buy a bottle of pond dechlorinator on ebay - much cheaper and lasts me a year!

I always buy it from a well known high street shop. Starts with a W, and ends in ilkinsons. Cant rember the price, but cheapest ive seen.

Steve

A 500ml bottle of prime will last me 25-30 months on average between my 2 tanks doing weekly 40% water changes. 450 litre tank south american cichlid tank and 150 litre Mississippi turtle tank :)

A 250mL bottle of prime lasted me about 1 year doing water changes on 4 tanks totaling about 95 gallons. That bottle of prime says it treats 2500 gallons. A pound of sodium thiosulfate crystals treats around 240,000 gallons and cost me about $6. Only downside is it does chlorine only.

Sodium Thiosulophate will break the chloramine bond and detoxify the chlorine but you get left over ammonia which is the only downside.

Prime is nothing much more than a sodium thiosulphate in a ready to use condition. I prefer to buy it already in solution but don't doubt it would be a bit cheaper as a crystalline solid.

The wilkos stuff is cheap but it doesn't treat a huge volume of water so you end up buying loads more in the long run.

I always buy it from a well known high street shop. Starts with a W, and ends in ilkinsons. Cant rember the price, but cheapest ive seen.

Steve

I use to get that but now I get nutrafin aqua plus, removes chlorine and chloramine, heavy metals and has a stress reducing formula (apparently). 500ml is also only £9.25 on ebay with free delivery. I think with Wilkinsons you only get 100 ml for £1.99. This stuff works out cheaper in the long run and also removes heavy metals plus has a stress reducing formula. Definitely worth it in my opinion!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nutrafin-Hagen-Aqua-Plus-120ml-250ml-500ml-2-LITRE-2L-Aquaplus-Tap-Water-Safe-/250977424937?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item801369254c

Steve

I use to get that but now I get nutrafin aqua plus, removes chlorine and chloramine, heavy metals and has a stress reducing formula (apparently). 500ml is also only £9.25 on ebay with free delivery. I think with Wilkinsons you only get 100 ml for £1.99. This stuff works out cheaper in the long run and also removes heavy metals plus has a stress reducing formula. Definitely worth it in my opinion!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nutrafin-Hagen-Aqua-Plus-120ml-250ml-500ml-2-LITRE-2L-Aquaplus-Tap-Water-Safe-/250977424937?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item801369254c

I used to use that nutrafin aqua plus but stopped as it was costing too much. A 25ml cap full only treats 40 litres of water where as with seachem prime I use now it's around £12 for a 500ml bottle but 5ml treats 200 litres of water. Definitely worth getting if you have bigger tanks. A bootle will last me 25 months average between my 450 litre tank and 150 litre :)

Steve

I used to use that nutrafin aqua plus but stopped as it was costing too much. A 25ml cap full only treats 40 litres of water where as with seachem prime I use now it's around £12 for a 500ml bottle but 5ml treats 200 litres of water. Definitely worth getting if you have bigger tanks. A bootle will last me 25 months average between my 450 litre tank and 150 litre :)

Can you get that in the UK? I've checked ebay and amazon UK but can't find it :/ That's why I use nutrafin aqua plus.

Most reactions

Back