Cheap Great Tank For A Betta! Now With 2 Pics!

I got a similar one that Asda sell for 19.99 with everthing. Have had it since mid last year and so far no prob with it being plastic although they do scratch easily if your not careful.

Just sold one for £30 and the hamster cage for £25

made £20 :)

Which basically paid for my aquarium :)

Pics of what they look like + come with , sorry for bad quality

27032008709.jpg

27032008710.jpg

Well done on the re-sale.

I bought one of these today for my first betta. [:
I love the little castle, it's so cute!
Went down to the LFS and got some de-chlorinator now I just have to wait and test before I can put my little guy in there.

How long would you say a fishless cycle would take in one of these?

Also - They don't give you much gravel! But that's cheap as chips so no worry. I bought some of the tropical food they were selling too. My other fishies love it. [:

Tbh i wouldnt use gravel on a small tank as they get dirty quick although they do look smarter!

Id say a week but tbh ive seen people just add fish on the day and theyve been fine, if you have another tropical tank could just nick a little water from that and add it aswell to speed up the process? (dont take my word for it wait to for someone to comment )

Dont add the water from the bag in to the tank though

Tbh i wouldnt use gravel on a small tank as they get dirty quick although they do look smarter!

Id say a week but tbh ive seen people just add fish on the day and theyve been fine, if you have another tropical tank could just nick a little water from that and add it aswell to speed up the process? (dont take my word for it wait to for someone to comment )

Hi
The water from another tank will have very little benefit to cycling a new tank. Its the filter media that cycles the water and this is where the majority of the good bacteria are found.
As for how long it takes to cycle - a complete cycle can take from 2 - 8 weeks depending on how you cycle. Even after the cycle has gone through the ammonia and nitrIte stages some people still give a week before adding fish.
Hope this helps

Hi
The water from another tank will have very little benefit to cycling a new tank. Its the filter media that cycles the water and this is where the majority of the good bacteria are found.
As for how long it takes to cycle - a complete cycle can take from 2 - 8 weeks depending on how you cycle. Even after the cycle has gone through the ammonia and nitrIte stages some people still give a week before adding fish.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice,

I've taken some nice shiny pebbles from my coldwater tank that's been on the go for 5 years, so a good handful from that might benefit me. I also got a live plant - but I'm having a few planting issues, so I hope this helps.

Hi
Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice,

I've taken some nice shiny pebbles from my coldwater tank that's been on the go for 5 years, so a good handful from that might benefit me. I also got a live plant - but I'm having a few planting issues, so I hope this helps.

Hi
Just answered your plant query on the other thread :good:
I doubt whether there will be much healthy bacteria on shiny pebbles unfortunately

i got one of these earlier, and have it up and running, getting it cycling before fish can go in. i got mine at about 11:00am, and there were loads in the shop. not sure now, but there didnt seem to be many people buying them at the time. anyway, im happy one more tank for my room.

Wilko are very good.
I got some of the aquare vases yesterday. only 3 quid and perfect for a betta.

Also Instore/Range sell acrylic CD/DVD Cubes that are very good size for a fighter.

Or any Housewares shop that does those huge glass/plastic storage jars.
Or I re-use Mars Heroes tubs aswell.
Large Mayo Jars from the 99p shop.

I presume you dont mean theAquare vases that are ONLY 12 cms??
Cant find the cd/dvd cubes, but if they're the regular cd size????

Doh!!!!!!!!! forgot to add, ideal for juvies

I live in Staffordshire - I went to get mine about 9.30am this morning - I'd say there was 20+ there. Majority being black, but I got the only silver one. :))) But if you don't mind which colour you'll probably get one, no problem.

Ah, right. I was looking for something more......cube shaped :rolleyes:

Ah, right. I was looking for something more......cube shaped :rolleyes:

they are good, they are only £3 each. they have two vices tho.. firstly they are slightly opaque, so although the water is crystal clear, it looks a bit murkey looking at it, but if you have a bright light, you hardley notice it. secondly, they flex when filled with water, so you need to mesure and cut the deviders when they are full, if you do it when they are empty you end up with big gaps down the sides as the walls bulge out with the weight of the water.
nevertheless, they are great and it (as you see form the pic) sits nicely on top of my main tank.

instore (and asda i noticed the other day) have thes small rectangular ones made of the same material as the one shown, only they are stackable, and hold about 10 litres. they are only £1 or a pack of 3 for £3. the only problem would be heating and filtering, but then that the same as any small tank i guess

Most reactions

Back