changing the substrate

clutterydrawer

where is my mind?
Reaction score
I finally switchd from gravel to sand for the benefit of my corys. Thanks everyone who gave me advice on it, i couldn't have done it without you. :D

Anyway, I guess tehre are threads about this already, but here are a few pics. It took me from 9am till 4pm including tidying everything up so my parents didnt notice. :D

Here's a blurry pic of the tnak a few months ago:

Attachments

• 2004_0723fish20026.JPG
    2004_0723fish20026.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 62
a really bad shot of my poor fishies in the 8 gallon tank i put them in temporarily:

Attachments

• 2004_0930changinggravel20016.JPG
    2004_0930changinggravel20016.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 39
in with the fish!!

I'm not sure yet whether I prefer the look of the sand over the gravel... -_- my cories are happy though which is all that matters. :)

also i need to try and rearrange stuff a bit, it's not right yet. i just chucked everything in randomly cos I was running out of time before people came home. :lol:

Attachments

• 2004_0930changinggravel20025.JPG
    2004_0930changinggravel20025.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 37
thanks guys :)

I think I quite like it, it just takes some getting used to cos it's had gravel in it for three years.... :blink:

Unfortunately I am paying the price today for all that lifting and carrying as I'm effectively crippled, can barely move my legs or arms :rofl: Good excuse to sit and watch the fishes i guess. :lol:

Awww, your little pandas look so happy in there!!! I think the tank looks better too :thumbs: :kana:

They dig in it, then swim off, and leave a little nose-shaped hole in the sand :rofl: The sand was flat when i put it in and now it's covered in nose-prints. :lol:

It does look good. :) What kind of sand did you use? It's much finer than what I have.

Oh WOW, you have done a beautiful job with the sand! Your tank looks wonderful! Hope you enjoy sand as much as I do!
Beautiful!
:hyper: :wub:

It jsut aquarium sand from my lfs...I didn't really have a choice. :rolleyes: It's a bit finer than I'd have liked but it'll do, the lfs used it in their own tanks so it can't be too bad. ;) here's some:

Attachments

• 2004_1001sandcloseups0027.JPG
    2004_1001sandcloseups0027.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 38

Most reactions

Back