changing the substrate

and a couple more pics of the cories enjoying themselves cos I couldn't resist taking them...;)

Attachments

• 2004_1001sandcloseups0013.JPG
    2004_1001sandcloseups0013.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 46
My mum knew about it, she just didn't want to have to see it in progress :D

My dad peered into the tank and asked how i managed to change the subtrate without stressing the fish to death, i told him I took them out and put them somewhere else and he didn't dare ask any more questions. ;) but I guarantee next time I'm out he'll be prowling round my room looking to see where I've hidden the other tank. :rolleyes:

My little sister is well pleased to see them filtering the sand through their gills :lol: all in all it's been a success. :)

However I showed my friend a pic and she's so impressed that nwo she wants me to help her do the same to her tank! Aaaarrrrgh!! :crazy:

hehehe another sand convert, wait till you see the cory diggin partys , i swear that my corys rent a jcb at night

Thanks for the inspiration. I am planning to put sand into my tank when we move onto our new house. In a month to six weeks. Yours looks awesome. I can't wait to do mine, now!!! :whistle:

looks really good, and obviously keeps the corys much happier

i've got small gravel, but i really want to change to sand, but my Mrs keeps telling me off and to leave the tank alone, but im not doing it for asthetic reasons, im doing it for the corys, i just wish she'd understand

You're tank looks great, I changed mine yesterday from Black gravel to silver sand from the lfs, can't believe how much more active the cory's have got, but like you the difference they've made to it from yesterday, little divots all over it, and they've partially covered a couple of the little rocks I have in there. Wish I'd done it sooner!!! Anyone thinking about it, do it!!!!

The tank looks awsome!

I changed from gravel to Black sand the other day and my corry's love it, the loaches love it also!

You're tank looks great, I changed mine yesterday from Black gravel to silver sand from the lfs, can't believe how much more active the cory's have got, but like you the difference they've made to it from yesterday, little divots all over it, and they've partially covered a couple of the little rocks I have in there. Wish I'd done it sooner!!! Anyone thinking about it, do it!!!!

The tank looks awsome!

I changed from gravel to Black sand the other day and my corry's love it, the loaches love it also!

you do both realize this thread is just over 4 years old!!!

HaHa i diddn't realize i just saw it in the new post bit and clicked,
I never look at the date, might have to start now!

Doh!
Jake

Most reactions

Back