Cars.....what's your.....?

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
Don't even get me started on the Mad Max car that @Colin_T once owned. That car was the subject of considerable discussion on this forum some time back and I still get heart palpitations thinking about it. Watch the movie and you decide. But, since we're talking cars , I just have to vent about the deplorable lack of style ,substance and everything desirable in today's cars. You can't even tell what they are without going right up to them and gazing at the grille. I fart in their general direction. Car design stopped in 1979.

My favorite car was my 1944 willys jeep. Cud go anywhere and climb a telephone pole if it cud get traction. when we needed to work on the engine it was so simple and we cud remove the fenders and sit on the tires. I understand why it was so vital to WW II.
Most hated was. Triumph TR 7 a rolling piece of junk.. one of the doors fell off when opening. Never again wud i own a British Leyland car.
Dream car.. don't have.. cuz I have out grown boy toys..🤣🤣

My favorite car was my 1944 willys jeep. Cud go anywhere and climb a telephone pole if it cud get traction. when we needed to work on the engine it was so simple and we cud remove the fenders and sit on the tires. I understand why it was so vital to WW II.
Most hated was. Triumph TR 7 a rolling piece of junk.. one of the doors fell off when opening. Never again wud i own a British Leyland car.
Dream car.. don't have.. cuz I have out grown boy toys..🤣🤣
Your username reminds me of a youtubers name lol

Favorite vehicle, 69 Ford F100 4x4 that my dad and I rebuilt in the late 70s, it was a truck from the mine that was auctioned off for $300. It was the first vehicle I drove strong arm steering, some syncros missing on the transmission so I learned to double clutch, after a day on the forestry roads you were tired. Currently I have the smallest Toyota Tacoma 2014 and a Toyota Corolla 2016, I will drive them till they don't go anymore.

@GaryE you mentioned getting your kayaks on the vehicles we use Thule hullavators for the truck, means my wife can put her boat on the truck without me. We don't kayak as much as we used to, health issues now, but in the past we used to paddle the West Coast of Canada a lot, there are some videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Uberhoust/videos

Since we are comparing devices, how about cars.....

So....

What is your current (or last if no longer driving) car
What is your favourite car (owned or driven) and why
What is your dream car
What is your absolute hated car (owned or driven) and why

My last car was a Toyota Mk3 Single Turbo Supra
My favourite car was the Toyota Mk3 Single Turbo Supra cos I used to love driving it just for the sheer fun of it and I rebuilt/upgraded the engine
My dream car Corvette Stingray (C3)
Absolute hated car was my Buick Century cos its suspension made me seasick

So what's yours?
My current car is a Honda Civic. My most fun car was a Pontiac Trans Am with a 306 Chevy engine. As the mountain folk said at the time, “That car could outrun a haint. My worst car was a ‘70 woody station wagon. Made on a Monday by a hung over tech. Never ran right. Transmission blew up after 150 miles. Carburetor constantly out of whack. Last Ford I ever had.

Last edited:
Current vehicle: Kia Sedona 2020, hubs drives the 2016 Kia Sorento that I used to drive after we got rid of the 2012 ford focus hot hatch. I needed a van because I tote 3 small Velocirators and two dobermans around on a semi regular basis. No, I did not get the van because when I fold all the seats down I can fit a very large tank in the back...shhh.😁

1st and least favorite: Saturn ion 2006. It was a dependable little car but at 6' tall and with a ground clearance of two inches, I felt like my butt was dragging on the pavement.

Dream car: A 1969 Ford Mustang

20220407_161218.jpg

Most reactions

Back