Cardinal Tetras And Lift Tubes...

CreggCArrwood

Reaction score
My cardinal tetras keep getting sucked up my Aqua Clear lift tube. Any ideas to prevent this?

That's the only thing I can think of either! I guess you could talk to your LFS to see if they've got other strainer ends sitting around the shop that would fit. You could also try calling the support line for the filter and see whether they offer any optional strainers with a smaller mesh.

~~waterdrop~~

That's the only thing I can think of either! I guess you could talk to your LFS to see if they've got other strainer ends sitting around the shop that would fit. You could also try calling the support line for the filter and see whether they offer any optional strainers with a smaller mesh.

~~waterdrop~~

yeah, its a popular brand, so they may have something. thanks. my friend said to put a sponge inside the tube at the end...that may work, but i dont know howd that effect the cleanliness.

~~waterdrop~~

yeah, its a popular brand, so they may have something. thanks. my friend said to put a sponge inside the tube at the end...that may work, but i dont know howd that effect the cleanliness.
That would probably clog up too fast. Its a problem. Perhaps the right size mesh cloth can be found and rubber-banded over until the littlest fish have grown some.

~~waterdrop~~

use a existing net go to your lfs and buy one which has holes big enough for gunk to be sucked through it - take the net off the frame and tie it on with a rubber band or plant weight.

I find that a hole poked in the end of a filter sponge, mine was made for an AC 50, allows the sponge to be slipped over the end of the tube. It ends up like this and does not plug up very fast at all.

SpongeInPlace.jpg

It is not very pretty but it keeps the fry in my Heterandria formosa tank safe and they don't come much smaller than that.

Ha, your description was completely effective! my page of little pictures of feet wearing different socks just somehow reduced me to laughter :lol:

Most reactions

Back