can't think of a name

I have 3 pictus, I know i have 2 males and 1 female because 2 of them fight all the time and the other swims about without getting involved. This is how i have guessed what sex they are... although it may not be certain!

Ben

dwarfgourami said:
"U cant name pictus's because when they are kept in the groups of three that they need to be u wont be able to tell the difference."

My son (4 yrs old) got round this problem by naming our 5 corys Prince, Prince, Prince, Prince and King. King is rather bigger and fatter, in fact, I strongly suspect her of being a female. But he won't hear of that. All boys in this club. He still wants babies, though...
my girlfriend is 20 and still determined to name everything that belongs to her when we get them (currently cycling tank)...including the cardinals :rolleyes:

I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one who names their fish. My husband constantly picks on me about this. Now I can tell him other people name their fish also. Thank you. :D In my opinion I liked the vacuum cleaner names that was pretty clever.

You can always collectively name a group...

Our 4 are referred to as "The Mouths" for obvious feeding habit reasons. :p

There is one called "Wingy" due to him getting a pectoral fin caught in the net we moved the community fish into the larger tank with. The result was him losing the very tip about a week later when the net came free. You can just notice the scar on the edge of the fin.

There is also "The Big Fat One" which was the largest when we bought them and (s)he has since always managed to take residence in the best spot for where the food settles and as such has continued to be the largest of the group.

As an aside, I named one of my Silver Sharks Bob (in honour of my first hamster, the coolest hamster ever :D )

BTW your not supposed to use nets to transport pictus they get caught in the webbing. I'd use a cup or a plastic bowl maybe. Any other thought on this as I haven't had to move mine yet.

Most reactions

Back