Can You Help Me Please.....

Glad to hear you got your flow sorted out. It can be bit of a pain trying to sort out flow I find, especially finding spots in the tank that would suit various corals flow needs! I spent ages trying to find where the best low flow, med flow and high flow spots in my tank were!

well i can`t add pics just yet,as some one has run away with the batteries from the camera.
heres a pic from taday ( just found the batts), after spending ages scrubbing coraline away , it looks much better again now, tho as you can see, im not too bothered about the construction of the rock, layout etc just yet, i want to get the water quality sorted first
before
004-23.jpg

after
034-1.jpg

test results today are

phosphates --0 :drink:
ammonia-0.25
nitrates-10
PH 8.2 :kana:

so im just off to do a small water change to knock that ammonia out, im sure its just the result of swapping the filter media from sponge to rock,etc

do the hydor flo deflectors fit on that double? If so, you could probably throw 2 of them on and point them in opposite directions. I heard they suck though.

you must be pleased - you have certainly come a long way in a short time :good:

Next fun thing will be your aquascape - woo hoo

It is also very likely that when you pulled the sponge out it leached a lot of crud back in to the tank, I would do a nice big water change, wait 24 hours and test again

Seffie x

yeah seffie i cant wait :) want to try and get some more LR too. agree on the filter :)

oh before i forget i remembered to look at the bulb before i turned it on this morning, its 14000k is this ok, the guy said it was less than a year old....so will it need changing? and if so how/where?

yeah seffie i cant wait :) want to try and get some more LR too. agree on the filter :)

oh before i forget i remembered to look at the bulb before i turned it on this morning, its 14000k is this ok, the guy said it was less than a year old....so will it need changing? and if so how/where?

Hi Shelagh,

14000k is fine. Marine bulbs usually range from 10000k to 30000k, with the latter being extremely blue. What light unit is it that you have?

Most reactions

Back