Can this fish be saved?

It may sound extremely heartless but a quick slap with a heavy object also causes no pain. And the heart stops immediately. Just saying like ..........

I think the clove oil would be preferable lol, I’ve used a priest in trout fishing though and that kills it instantly

It may sound extremely heartless but a quick slap with a heavy object also causes no pain. And the heart stops immediately. Just saying like ..........
I mean if were trying to be natural, my cat has been eyeballing it. Who am I to stop nature. Jkjk. But honestly the fish should be happy its not flushed. I have a feeling more often than not, that is what happens. I do care obviously but at the same time feel somewhat crazy doing all of this. Honestly though I couldnt do it any other way.

Are you all positive this thing isnt coming back? It is still breathing same pace. I put some melafix in there and as soon as pet stores open I could go get a little set up for it. The other fish that have died (one was really about to explode, insanely bloated, the other got all bent up like turned 90 overnight) they seemed to clearly be on the way out, especially their breathing. This one just seems all there but likely plotting on whoever bit him. Like its breathing hasnt changed, its eyes are active. I mean....is it still the right thing to do if really it had other plans? I just end it, and the whole time its wondering why I am doing that.

And then see at the same time the devil on my shoulder is cussing me out saying flush it already. Im torn

Are you all positive this thing isnt coming back? It is still breathing same pace. I put some melafix in there and as soon as pet stores open I could go get a little set up for it. The other fish that have died (one was really about to explode, insanely bloated, the other got all bent up like turned 90 overnight) they seemed to clearly be on the way out, especially their breathing. This one just seems all there but likely plotting on whoever bit him. Like its breathing hasnt changed, its eyes are active. I mean....is it still the right thing to do if really it had other plans? I just end it, and the whole time its wondering why I am doing that.
Would you question euthanising a pet dog if its back legs and pelvis was crushed?

Clove oil burns the f out of my mouth. I actually just picked some up for a chipped tooth I need to have root canal on. It has definitely done some damage to my tongue. I couldnt imagine having it poured on my chopped off leg.

Clove oil burns the f out of my mouth. I actually just picked some up for a chipped tooth I need to have root canal on. It has definitely done some damage to my tongue. I couldnt imagine having it poured on my chopped off leg.
Warm water mixed with a few drops of clove oil...its not being used straight, its diluted....the fish will go to sleep and just not wake up

Fine fine. Honestly is the least amount of hassle route. Sounds crazy saying it, but besides the part that's missing, it seems ok, besides that portion and its impact. Going to get the clove now...

Not if its life could be saved in the long run, probably not. Now a dog with untreatable cancer then yes
It isn't about longevity of life

It is about quality of life and a fish without a tail has no quality of life...it cannot swim properly, the damage is probably already infected, the ability to stay out the way of boisterous tankmates in a hurry has been lost, its ability to stay balanced and have a healthy life has been lost.

Quality of life is more important than struggling to live longer

It isn't about longevity of life

It is about quality of life and a fish without a tail has no quality of life...it cannot swim properly, the damage is probably already infected, the ability to stay out the way of boisterous tankmates in a hurry has been lost, its ability to stay balanced and have a healthy life has been lost.

Quality of life is more important than struggling to live longer
Yes I agree but only if there's not a possibility of getting through this rough spot, healing, and going back to living normally.

Most reactions

Back