Can Someone Please Id My Plec?

Thats very interesting to hear boboboy. Could you point me in the direction of where you heard this?

initially it came from a study by the University of Illinois, in 1995. (well the nutrition bit). the fibre part is plain common sense. and has been common knowledge to chefs, for may generations. that's what cooking does. as for feeding tinned to fish. the above knowledge is enough to see why its good. if you need a "Star" try Nmonks (a member of this forum) and a well know author on, some types, of fish.

Try carrot, potato is a favourite in my tank, mmmmmm :good:

how do you prepare? I've tried potato, with no luck. my Dollars like carrot though. i use a potato peeler to slice strips. they charge around with it sticking out their mouths, munching as they go.

very nice common plec, under fed but nice none the less.

i feed my gn,bn, and clown plecos on, potato, cucumber, algae wafers, shrimp pellets, non colored flake and dried blood worm cubes. i vary the foods daily to keep them interested and helps keep them fit and healthy. i aways feed a little more than what is needed to make sure they all get some, my clowns are extra shy. my routine at water change time consists of a thorough vac of the substrate and mild rinse of the filter/media.........just in case uneaten food is rotting away and spoiling the water.

i hope you have a nice big tank because this guy you have will indeed reach 18 inches plus.anything less than a 6ft x 2 ft ( and thats a tight turning circle! ) will be a stretch and cruel in my eyes. 7ft x 3 ft would be comfy.

EDIT:
just noticed your signature and that Clear Seal 106 litre tank wont hold him for long.if your like me and love plecos, you will get attached to this little guy very quickly, so in my honest opinion i would upgrade fast-ish or re-home the little fella.
mark

wow i missed a lot on here! sorry guys, I'm back haha. Sadly to say little man died a while back. he reached about 7-8 inches tail to nose. I have no idea why but needless to say I was absolutely gutted. I loved that fish to bits. We recently temporarily fostered 2 plecos when my father in law was shutting down his tank, before taking them to our local fish store, the intention was to keep them as they were diddy but these guys just werent the same =( will never get another one now.

Hope you all are well

Katie

Most reactions

Back