Can I Do This

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Well my 200g is looking quite empty and I want to do a full Central american cichlid tank,
Right now it has 2 Pink cons (FEMALE), 1 Common pleco, 1 Senengal Bichir Albino,
What other cichids can go with this stocking?
I wanted to get an oscar but was told there would be too much aggression between the convict and oscar?

Also the bichir is going into another tank.

Ill try and take some now, Ive nearly finished re-scaping it

Would a juvy oscar hurt a con or likewise?

if they are the same size it will be more the other way around

the con will be the aggressor untill the oscar outgrows

Well the cons are about 6 centimeters and the oscar I can get is about 8-9 CM,

While I know that oscars strike a heart cord, why not something more unique in a tank that size like vieja or some other large CA? Treading lightly here, there are other forums that discuss the large cichlids and could lend some suggestions. I'm not that experienced but I would go for some of the other interesting cichlids.

Well right now my lfs has a breeding pair of Archocentrus spinosissimus, could this work with convicts?

6" spinny cichlids?

in a 200g i can't see why not myself

when i did large centrals in my 220g i had a few vieja,(blackbelt,bifat,melanarus,synspilum} a few parachromis red tiger moto, loiselli, freddy) and some amphilophus Red devil, lyonsi. as far as the convicts my experience with them was mixed they are extremely prolific and will try to breed very often and young. i personally kept my other archocentrus in different tanks because of that.

when i did large centrals in my 220g i had a few vieja,(blackbelt,bifat,melanarus,synspilum} a few parachromis red tiger moto, loiselli, freddy) and some amphilophus Red devil, lyonsi. as far as the convicts my experience with them was mixed they are extremely prolific and will try to breed very often and young. i personally kept my other archocentrus in different tanks because of that.

Any pics of the freddy? :hey:

I don't believe many fish have the character of an Oscar. I know people will disagree, but they truly are amazing fish. Jags and the like maybe i guess.

BTW, Chris, that's a great signature picture! :good:

Flowerhorns and Amphilophus species have Oscar style character, my Flowerhorn was awesome but NASTY, i got given a chainmail glove by a friend whos a butcher for doing tank maintenance cos the FH would try and bite my knuckles off and he had bigggg teeth.

Jags in my experience dont have much personality and are quite skittish.

Any pics of the freddy? :hey:

I don't believe many fish have the character of an Oscar. I know people will disagree, but they truly are amazing fish. Jags and the like maybe i guess.

BTW, Chris, that's a great signature picture! :good:

Cheers mate

Any pics yet?

Most reactions

Back