CAN FISH GET COVID

biofish

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I just tested positive for covid today (I’m fine just a headache and some sneezing and I’m triple vaxxed) But are my fish safe? Everyone in my family has it so I can’t ask anyone else to feed my fish for me…

Dogs and tigers can get it... But fish? Nah, I'm very sure they will he fine... If you want to, just use gloves

sleepy-sleep.gif

which strain of covid did you get (delta or omicron)?

do you have any underlying health issues?

Probably omnicron… less severe but more contagious. And I do have some underlying health issues… but most of them I’ve gotten treated/are in the process of treating so they don’t affect me nearly as bad as they used to. I would be a lot more worried if it was the earlier 2020 stages of covid before vaccines. I was practically confined to the house by my family because of my iffy health and had to double mask a lot 😅

Take care and your fish will be fine. The reason COVID-19 and all its new forms are giving us fits is it's a virus that jumped the species barrier and found us to be wonderful spreaders. But the species barrier and the barrier between fish and humans are different. There are mammals unaffected by the COVID (can't call it a new virus or the bats will be mad at me), let alone other 'orders' of living things.
Our fish have their own viruses.
I'm one of your fellow 'got to be very careful' people so I get the stress. But you're good, and your fish will be good. If you have a room full of vampire bats, have a talk with them...

Geez. Covid is no fun. Can’t remember the last two days much. It’s just been drifting in and out of sleep in the couch in a haze of headaches, sneezing, sore throat, and stuffy ears. And when I stand up and move around my focus like fazes out and I have dubbed it “covid brain”. It’s kinda similar to walking into a room and forgetting why but a bit more hazy. 0/10 would not recommend

and I have rediscovered my hatred for DayQuil and emergen-C. Why do they have to taste so bad 💀

Geez. Covid is no fun. Can’t remember the last two days much. It’s just been drifting in and out of sleep in the couch in a haze of headaches, sneezing, sore throat, and stuffy ears. And when I stand up and move around my focus like fazes out and I have dubbed it “covid brain”. It’s kinda similar to walking into a room and forgetting why but a bit more hazy. 0/10 would not recommend

and I have rediscovered my hatred for DayQuil and emergen-C. Why do they have to taste so bad 💀
I hate meds... I remember one day I had an ear infection when I was really young... We went to the pharmacist to get the meds and the pharmacist goes: "Do you want bubble him or strawberry?" I asked for bubble gum cause I thought it would taste like bubble gum... It was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted

Most reactions

Back