Can dogs be vegetarian (split from thread "Feeding cichlids and other fish meat")

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 22 aminoacids
Did I say that both religious and dietary beliefs are exactly the same? There are certain things that we disagree on. My beliefs are not a carbon copy of my parents.

I'm glad that you asked :)

The Consumer Union tested hamburger samples from a cross-section of retail suppliers. In the test, they specifically were able to identify fecal contamination.
The conclusion of this test showed that 73 percent of the samples had a coliform count that was high enough to cause mild sickness.
Knowing that hamburgers constitute more than half of America's beef consumption, it is clearly a significant danger to public health.
I am sure similar tests have been done in Europe with similar results.
They also found that the samples ready to go out to the stores had already begun to putrify.

The GAO's independent check of 68 poultry processing plants found the sanitary conditions unacceptable. Almost half of the results found that they were contaminated by fecal matter, digestive tract contents, bile, and feathers.
Sounds delicious, right?

Cancerous sores are often cut off the carcass, and the rest of the animal is sold for food. Of course, the cancer virus is spread throughout the rest of the body.

Just about all chickens carry leukosis viruses, and chicken farmers run a 6 times more risk of dying from leukemia than nonfarmers.

We can all agree that meat is an excellent medium for growing bacteria, right?
Peutrificatin begins almost immediately in a dead animal and progresses rapidly. There is no way to prevent that.
Once the effects of spoilage become obvious in color, smell, and taste, they pump large amounts of chemicals into the flesh to restore its appearance.

Picture in your mind the combined effects of the animal's waste products trapped in the flesh, the chemical additives of the fast-growing food supply, the filth factor of the packing house, and the various injections given to restore proper appearance. What do you have? A completely unfit source of protein.
But a contamination with bacteria is completely different than meat being unhealthy as food source.

If you contaminate lettuce with the same bacteria you'll have an issue as well.

There are 22 aminoacids

But a contamination with bacteria is completely different than meat being unhealthy as food source.

If you contaminate lettuce with the same bacteria you'll have an issue as well.
Nowadays all meat is completely unhealthy as a food source due to contamination.

Knowing that hamburgers constitute more than half of America's beef consumption, it is clearly a significant danger to public health.
You picked US hamburgers as your example? Really?
Peutrificatin begins almost immediately in a dead animal and progresses rapidly. There is no way to prevent that.
What do you have? A completely unfit source of protein.

Do you know what a scavenger is? And that wild animals often scavenge for meals, including canids? Dogs have a much more robust digestive system than humans partly for this reason. They have different bacteria in their guts that can process things we can't. Plenty of animals that hunt their own meat in the wild also guard or cache the carcass and consume the meat over a period of days or more. Are you saying that this is unnatural?

Are you saying that meat is unnatural, and no animals should ever eat meat then?

Yes i feed them anubias daily 🤣
I have:
Neons
Cherry barbs
corys
red eyes
clown killis
cichlids

Yes, I do feed them flakes, bug bites, and brine shrimp. Animals are not called to avoid unclean foods.
And aren't dogs animals?

@CaptainBarnicles
Do you want to eat bacteria, viruses, and fecal matter? I dont

If you think you don't find these in vegetable matter, I regret to inform you that you're wrong. What do you think fertiliser is? When farmers spray fields with manure? What do mushrooms grow in?

There are bacteria and micro-organisms all over and inside your body, right now. Whole ecosystems of them. It's a misunderstanding of science turned to fearmongering that seems to be driving your beliefs here.

If you think you don't find these in vegetable matter, I regret to inform you that you're wrong. What do you think fertiliser is? When farmers spray fields with manure? What do mushrooms grow in?

There are bacteria and micro-organisms all over and inside your body, right now. Whole ecosystems of them. It's a misunderstanding of science turned to fearmongering that seems to be driving your beliefs here.
I hate mushrooms :)
I do my best to properly wash to food I eat and I eat oraganic non gmo foods. I do the best that I can.
You said animals are not called to eat unclean foods (which if were using the same book most meals are fine lol) but dogs are animals, therefore they can eat many of things
What i meant was that animals are not called to abstain from unclean foods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back