Just a quick note to both of you that bettas and guppies or endlers shouldn't be mixed. Not only because of the aggression issue, but guppies and endlers are hard water fish and need a higher GH than bettas do. Tetra and bettas are soft water fish, but the livebearers needing hard water aren't a good mix with either netra or bettas, despite many places suggesting them as tankmates(!!); because of the GH issue. Even though tetra and endlers get along okay, they have different water requirements. Seriously Fish is a fantastic, reliable resource for fish profiles, written by scientists and experts, and listing all of the major requirements for most any species in the hobby. Always research the species you plan to get before buying, and be wary of the source.
Endlers:
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/poecilia-wingei/
Guppies:
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/poecilia-reticulata/
Neons:
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/paracheirodon-innesi/
Bettas:
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/betta-splendens/
(The most common subspecies in the hobby linked).
Thank you - a great deal of that is thanks to you, and your posts. Your wisdom and experience has taught me a great deal, and inspired so much of my own research and tank planning!
But I don't want you or anyone else to think I'm just repeating your thoughts and ideas... while I admire and agree with almost everything I've seen you say, lol, I don't accept ideas automatically, and just because a lot of our philosophy aligns, doesn't mean we agree on everything or I just adopt positions without doing my own research.

Reading your posts about bettas and about the nature of fish keeping sent me off looking into how bettas really live in the wild, along with other fish, and challenged my thoughts about our responsibilities as fish keepers to meet as many of the fishes needs as we can, including replicating their natural environments to the best of our abilities. And the times when we have to compromise those principles in the best interests of an individual fish - like with a rescued or inherited fish, where changing some aspects of their environment may be worse for the fish than keeping them in imperfect conditions.
The thought about any changes or plans making me think "who does this benefit?" is my own though.


It helps me to boil it down that way sometimes. At the end of the day if it doesn't benefit the fish in any way, or is potentially harmful, then it would violate my own ethics, and I've always applied the same principle with my other pets.
Your tank, fish and plants are absolutely beautiful! Truly stunning, and I'd love to see more photos and find out more about how you maintain the plants/water conditions etc, if you have a suitable thread for that

You really should enter that tank in a tank of the month contest, don't you think,
@Fishmanic?